1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Clear bra from EBay

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Renocat, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I am considering purchasing a clear bra kit from this EBay Seller He has excellent feedback and customers seem satisfied. I e mailed a question about the kit and he got right back to me.

I just wondered if anyone had purchased from this seller or maybe another seller on EBay that you would recommend? I plan to call a couple places tomorrow to see if I can find someone to install the kit for me.

TIA
    Kim

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I bought one on ebay but I don't think from this seller. Mine had bra for the mirrors and both fenders. I bought 15 mil for the lights separately. I think my hood covered more than 18". I think it went up like 3/4 of the way to the windshield. I didn't measure but I think that's more than 18" but I could be wrong.

Keep in mind that unless you're planning to install this yourself, which I am so recommending you NOT do, you'll need to have it installed by a professional. That's going to cost you a few hundred dollars. So buying it on eBay really isn't going to save you that much.

3. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks Godiva,
    I am planning on having a professional install it. I plan to see if anyone will install a third party product, as well as check the price at a local authorized 3M installer. Which ever way is cheaper wins! :lol:

4. McShemp

McShemp New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Renocat @ Aug 8 2006, 08:40 PM) [snapback]299931[/snapback]</div>
    Do it yourself. The hood is easy ... so are the fenders. The mirrors are a little tougher, but not that difficult. The front bumper is tough!

Just make sure your car is squeaky clean and put the film on with lots of water/soap solution. Oh yeah, install it indoors (i.e., a garage).

5. mr.whit

mr.whit Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I purchased from an E-bay seller the film was good. The hood is easy, the mirrors and the bumper where tough,it didn't help that the wind started kicking up after I got started, it takes a long to get it on just right.
    The problem I had was the film was cloudy after I installed it so. I removed it, after calling the shop again she told me that was the norm and it would clear up after the sun worked its magic on it. It looks very good.... Please give yourself a lot of time for this project also buy the install kit.