1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Clear Bra installation in NY

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by priusnyc, Oct 16, 2006.

1. priusnyc

priusnyc New Member

Hi Prius owners,

I'm looking forward to install "clear bra" on my sister's new Prius. I'm in the NYC area. Is there anyone in the Long Island/NYC/Northern Jersey area who has done this? Is there a shop you would recommend?

Thanks in advance
    W

2. nyconrad

nyconrad Cconrad in Virginia

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I was in touch with a place Detailing Dynamics that a PC user had posted about in the past. They seem to specialize in very high-end cars, and their price reflects it. They were talking about 1200 to do the entire front (including seemless hood) and both mirrors. Too rich for my blood, so I let it pass.

You can also go to 3M site to find an installer.

Good luck, and let me know if you find anyone good.

3. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nyconrad @ Oct 16 2006, 04:37 PM) [snapback]333664[/snapback]</div>
    I also contact them (Detailing Dynamics) for the same reason; they are located in Mineola, Nassau County. After 5 days of my initial call for a price quote, their replay consisted of $1000 plus for the hood, front bumper and head light. I found them through the 3M web site as specialized and certified installers for this product but their price is most steep than their zip code.
    I participated at Hybrid fest 2006 in Madison, Wisconsin in this past July and another certified 3M installer company where asking for $415 for the same type of job. Something is wrong here...
    Must be the gas fumes price fluctuation here
    ;)