1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Clear Bra installer in San Francisco?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by lhparkeriv, Apr 6, 2007.

1. lhparkeriv

lhparkeriv New Member

Just purchased a 2007 Prius (package #6), and I'm interested in protecting the front and rear bumpers after seeing so many dinged bumpers around town. I've seen many positive recommendations for the clear bra in the Priuschat forums. I've also seen many people say that it's easy to screw up a "do-it-yourself" installation. So, can anyone recommend an installer (or how to find one) in or around San Francisco?

2. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just realize that the clear bra is not going to protect against those people that hit your bumper when parking. The clear bra esentially just protects against rock chip/pitting from road debris as you drive. I have 52K on my 2005 and the front end still looks great thanks to the clear bra, but then no one has backed into the front of my car. When you have your car done, also do the mirror backs and lights (head and fog).

3. lhparkeriv

lhparkeriv New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cairo94507 @ Apr 6 2007, 06:33 AM) [snapback]418731[/snapback]</div>
    Can you recommend an alternative treatment or physical barrier that will protect the bumpers and not look too cheesy?

4. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lhparkiv @ Apr 6 2007, 04:57 PM) [snapback]419014[/snapback]</div>
    I got the clear bra professionally installed by a certified VentureShield installer. Check it out here... http://www.ventureshield.com/ I highly recommend it over the 3M protective film, because it is guaranteed for life.

I am very happy with it, it is almost invisible, and don't worry about paint chips anymore from flying rocks/debris. I suggest you protect it immediately if you want to keep it looking good, because the prius is prone to paint chips from stones due to its aerodynamic design.

5. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lhparkiv @ Apr 6 2007, 03:57 PM) [snapback]419014[/snapback]</div>
    Unfortunately I am unaware of one. I did the clear bra and just always try not to park where there is a smashed up, beat up, piece of junk, where the owner might be prone to just slam into a car next to, in front of or behind them. So far, with the exception of some jerk hit and running my Prius when almost new, I have not had any additional problems. Of course I had to have the rear bumper repainted so my car would look terrific again. Good luck.

6. lhparkeriv

lhparkeriv New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cairo94507 @ Apr 6 2007, 06:39 PM) [snapback]419131[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the advice! My spouse and I mostly have problems with people who parallel park by "Braille", relying on a "gentle" tap of the bumper of the car ahead and behind to know when they've backed up or pulled forward enough. Unavoidable, I'm afraid. Hopefully, the clear bra will slow the damage.

Can you recommend a particular brand? In addition to priusFTW's recommendation of VentureShield, I also got a personal e-mail recommendation for a local install who does "Invisaguard".

7. bfenenga

bfenenga Junior Member

Here's another site - http://www.xpel.com I've used them quite a few times, installing the 3M material myself, but they also have a spot to look for local installers.

8. aznDragonX

aznDragonX Junior Member

or you can get the 3M clear bra from Ebay seller: chipgardman for $150 (which I think it's a great deal compare to how much I paid for my Lexus kit that I purchased from Xpel)
    Good quality 3M films. Same quality as Xpel that I put on my 2002 Lexus IS300 which still look great. I have put clear bra on all my cars and would not drive with out one. I installed all by myself for my 3 cars..took about 4 hours to finish though.

- Jason