1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Clear Bra or Seat Covers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Catskillguy, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

If you could only afford one of these two options (seat covers/clear bra, professionally installed), which would you buy??

I live upstate NY, travel about 35K-30k miles a year, have pets, travel alot on interstate.

Tough decision

<_<

2. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Get the clear bra there and then get seat covers elsewhere. The clear bra cost me $200 installed and given the rocky/pebbly roads here in CO during the winter I'd say it was worth it. Seems like seat covers would be easier to do yourself at your leisure.

3. jimgraffam

jimgraffam New Member

I love the way my clear bra looks. Or, err... ummm... doesn't look. :D

Very cheap alternative to paint chips and the front nicely protects the headlights as well!

I'm not sure why -- buyer's euphoria perhaps -- but I bought the bra for the back as well. Not as practical though it seemed like a good buy at the time.

4. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

Yeah, but would it be worth $550-800?? That's the range of prices I was quoted here in the S.F. Bay Area for a clear bra installed. I'm buying a kit off ebay for $175 and doing it myself. Wish me luck.

5. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Blimey! That's a lot. I guess that's the difference between SF and Denver. Good luck with the install. I believe there are a couple of folks around here who've done just that. Perhaps they'll chime in with sage advice.

6. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

Has any tried/had a pre-bought Clear Bra kit installed by a 'certified' installer? What did they charge?

I'm looking at the 3m kit sold on ebay. In the NE, I don't think it would install well in the cccccold.... No garage., heated or otherwise

7. HokieHybrid

HokieHybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The minimum install temp for the 3M is 55 degrees Fahrenheit. So either get it done professionally or wait til Spring.

8. K5VMI

K5VMI New Member

I had clear protectant (Digishield) professionally installed on the following.

Hood
    Front bumper and grill
    Side mirrors
    Roof above the windshield
    Door edges
    Handle cups
    Top of rear bumper
    Edge of rearhatch
    Gas cap area
    License plate area

As well as legal window tint

Total, with tax was $1050

Will also be getting front headlights covered next week.

My plack Prius looks GREAT!!!

Lifetime warranty on tinting with five year warranty on shields.

I do a lot of highway miles (and we also have Lovebugs in southern Louisiana)

Craig

P.S. I saw what they had to go through for a professonal install :eek: . In my opinion, I would not attempt an install myself.