1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Clear coat peeling and wanted to how fix at home?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Kaptainkid1, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Kaptainkid1

Kaptainkid1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've seen youtube videos on fixing clearcoat and wanted to know anyone had done it and consider that it turned out good or bad?
    She's my work horse and I want to keep her pretty. Plus my Prius has that metallic seabreeze blue and I think this color is hard on clearcoat because the really beats down on this paint. 20200209_115808.jpg

SM-J737T1 ?

2. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    How much time and/or money are you willing to spend to do that ?

I think there is a 50/50 chance that anything you try to do that is more complicated than a little light buffing to remove the loose material will end up making it look WORSE instead of better.

I suggest that you first ask an independent body shop or two......to get a feel for what the professionals will suggest.

Then.....how long before you think you might be ready to trade her in ??

3. PriusRay128

PriusRay128 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If its just dull, you can just have a body shop lightly sand it and spray clear coat only and it will shine right up. If its already faded, its too late. I did that to my silver camry before it was too late and became like factory new!!! Whole process took under a hour