1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"Clear Corners" MOD

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by chryokim, Jul 11, 2005.

1. chryokim

chryokim New Member

I have recently purchased an '05 black Prius. I traded in my '01 Audi A4 and love my new purchase. On my A4, I was able to do a MOD by taking out the headlamps, drilling a hole in the back of them and chipping out the orange corners to create the clear-corners without spending over $500 to purchase the euro-style headlamps. I have tried looking inside the hood of my new prius and cannot see how to access the headlamps. (The A4 was bolted in the front of the frame with 3 bolts.) Does anyone know how I can acheive this? I have seen various websites where you can import the whole headlamp unit from Japan, but don't really want to spend hundreds of dollars acquiring this effect. The MOD I did on my A4 didn't cost me anything and I only needed a few basic tools. Any help on this would be much appreciated!!!

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm pretty sure you need to remove the front bumper to have access to the headlights, but I'm not 100% sure.

3. chryokim

chryokim New Member

Thanks for the reply Danny. Am I able to do that myself? Or will I need to take it to a shop?

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chryokim\";p=\"106206)</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chryokim\";p=\"106327)</div>
    You'll have to take it to a shop. Cost? $500

:-D

I seriously don't know. Just liked that train of thought.