1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Clear plastic bra

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by melburstein, Jul 13, 2004.

1. melburstein

melburstein Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I've been told that 3M makes one. Does anyone have pictures of how they look? Are they permanent?

2. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Semi-permanent! They can be removed with difficulty.
    Take a look at this thread for more info.

http://www.priuschat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=933

3. Gen2

Gen2 Member

I am quite happy with my clear bra from Clear Armor. They are an authorized 3M dealer (check the 3M site yourself if you want someone closer). The technology has been used on automobiles for 10 years with no problems. It has a UV protectant so if you take reasonable car of the rest of your car's paint, it will match just fine.

It can be removed by peeling up a corner and pulling it off with some effort.

You can see the Clear Armor kit (or actually, not see it because it is so clear :) ) in the photos of our cars at the SF Bay area club owners meet.

http://www.cleararmorinc.com

4. delrey

delrey Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have the Llumar of the same, and so far I'm very happy as well!

5. melburstein

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Mine is an Armor Glove (www.armorglove.com) installed by an authorized rep. He had previously installed 3M, but switched to what he considers a better product and one that is easier to install.

6. ALoLA

ALoLA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    hit by road debris...twice!

And I'm not just talking about rocks here. I already have a bunch of those little pits from rocks and such. But today, I was hit by flying chunks of metal! The first hit on the way to work sounded bad from inside the car, but a quick inspection on the outside did not reveal any damage. Must've been on the underside. I considered myself lucky. But on the way home, I got hit by another chunk! In my 15 years of driving, I've only been hit by a sizeable piece of debris only once, and that took out my windshield. But in the 5 months that I've had my Prius, I already have a chip in the windshield, a ding on my rear right passenger door, and now some very noticeable (although fortunately superficial) damage to my left front corner. :cry: Would this clear armor have protected me against this kind of hazard?

7. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've had the pleasure to see the Cleararmor on a car in person. It should protect you from almost everything. If the object is large enough to make a dent.. then, it's going to made a dent. Cleararmor might act as a buffer and keep the dent smaller. The stuff is pretty thick.

I wish i had the money for cleararmor. I've found several little tiny dings and several tiny scratches on the front. But.. i've never hit anything *shrug* :mrgreen:

8. dwd2010

dwd2010 Junior Member

where in San Diego or Orange counties did you have this installed. I would like to get this job done by a pro if possible.

9. Bill60546

Bill60546 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    3M

Had the 3m product installed on my silver9 and it looks and is working great. Check out www.3m.com in the automotive area; they have a listing by geographic location.

10. artie

artie Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    i had mine installed by Modern Image in san diego, they did a good job.

11. melburstein

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Sorry for the delay in posting this response to a question by dwd2010 on 7/31/04. I, too, chose to have Armor Guard installed by a professional. First, I went to to www.armorguard.com and found the list of factory authorized installers in my area (Orange County, California). I contacted Clear Pro and talked to Lance, the owner/installer. His address is in Tamecula, but he travels to the customers house (all he asks is for a garage in otder to work in a dust free environment). He is a very consciensious guy with 2.5 years experience. He switched from installing 3M to Armor Guard because he considers it a superior product for many reasons. I am very happy with the work he did on my car and am happy to recommend Lance Pugh [[email protected]]

Mel

12. dwd2010

dwd2010 Junior Member

Mel,

Thanks for the reply. In waiting I did what you suggested and got ahold of lance also! My film is on order and he'll be doing my install also.

In the mean time I'm trying to avoid all flying debris! Thanks

Dirk in Oceanside
    Seaside #9

13. melburstein

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hi Dick,

You might want to pick up some touch up paint from Toyota before Lance begins to install the Armor Guard film. I had a few very tiny nicks and Lance offered to touch those spots up before putting on the film. Now, it looks perfect.

Mel

14. melburstein

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    In order to provide maximum paint protection from rocks, I am considering having Armor Guard film applied to my entire hood (04 Prius), not just the bottom half as is done in a standard installation. I read a post where someone had done this. My installer knows how to remove the emblem from the hood but requested that I ask the group for instructions on how to remove the two windwhield washer jets.

Any help you can provide will be appreciated.

Mel

15. melburstein

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Whoops. In previous posts I have expressed great satisfaction with the installation that Lance Pugh of Clear Pro ([email protected]) did on my 04 Prius, using Armor Glove paint protection film (www.armorglove.com). In some of those posts, I mistakenly typed www.armorguard.com, instead of www.armorglove.com. Sorry for the confusion this may have caused.

Again, the maker of the film is Armor Glove (www.armorglove.com). The installer, in Orange County, CA, is Lance Pugh of Clear Pro ([email protected]). Other factory authorized installers are listed at www.armorglove.com.

Mel

16. springer

springer New Member

what have people been paying for the clear bra installations?

17. artie

artie Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    i paid 600, whole front including lites.

18. melburstein

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I paid $650 (with tax) for Armor Glove. I requested full wrap around, meaning that they cover the bumpers all the way back to the wheel wells, so there is hardly any line showing.

Mel