1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

clearing error codes after major work

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by runinspired, Feb 8, 2010.

1. runinspired

runinspired New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I recently bought a wrecked 07 prius and had it repaired. before the work, it started with a jump, but now hat all the work is complete, ll the dashboard lights including the triangle exclamation point are lighted and it won't start the gas engine, only the electric power comes on. Do I have to have it towed to a toyota dealer?

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Where was the car hit?

One item that you can easily check is the orange interlock switch on the side of the traction battery case. Start with the switch handle pointing out. It needs to be swiveled 90 degrees and then pushed (either up or down, I forget which) to lock in place.

If not, then the hybrid drivetrain will not operate. That is a fairly common trouble area.

Also, remember that you must fully depress the brake pedal when pressing the POWER button, to make the Prius READY.