1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

clearing radio presets

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by tomd233, May 4, 2008.

1. tomd233

tomd233 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi all

I'm a brand new member, and brand new owner (3 days) of a '08 Prius. I'm absolutely thrilled !!

Question: Does anyone know of a way to "clear" radio presets, so that they are unassigned to a station? There are only 3 stations I regularly listen to, and I'd rather not have 3 random ones filling up the rest of the FM1 bank. All 6 were already assigned when I purchased the car. I re-assigned the 3 I listen to, but I'm not finding a way to clear the other 3.(My MP3 player lets me do this...it has 15 presets available, but they are not active unless I assign a station to one, and I can delete a station any time I wish.)

Thanks for any help

-Tom

2. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I don't believe you can do this. I would just tune the radio to the lowest frequency (I think it is 87.5 or 87.7 FM) and just set the other ones as I don't believe there are any stations anywhere that have that frequency.

3. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Assign each preset to a station you listen to by selecting a atation you want and is preset then press and hold a button where a station you don't want is set until it beeps.

This will allow you to scroll through the 3 stations as long as you do it station 1, station 2, station 3, station 1, station 2, station 3, station 1 etc.

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi tomd233, welcome to PriusChat! :welcome: Check out the local group!

If you disconnect the 12V battery the radio presets will disappear, but you may get random frequencies which may or may not correspond to local stations. It will be easier to do as patsparks says for all 12 (FM1 and FM2) presets, or set all the FM2 presets to 85.5 Mhz as morpheusx suggested.

I hope to see you around!

5. steviet

steviet New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hi Tom,

No, there is no way to get rid of the preset holders, they are always present.

Steve

6. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The screen buttons will be there, true, but if you disconnect the battery and reconnect it, a screen button won't be associated with a specific frequency. I understood the OPs question as how to disassociate the screen buttons with the stations the dealer picked during set up.

7. tomd233

tomd233 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks all who replied.

I took Patsparks' recommendation...that'll do me just fine.

And by the way, I've also disabled beep in reverse, thanks to this site. A lot of great info here...thanks for the nice welcome to the forum.

-Tom

8. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Another chalk mark on the PC tower for people I have helped on line. That make 3!!:)

9. steviet

steviet New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I thought he was asking to delete them so that he could 'scroll' through only the valid stations that he loaded. The idea of just loading the same stations over and over is a good compromise....