1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Clicking from left front when stopping

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by dhartig, Mar 27, 2008.

1. dhartig

dhartig New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I've had my 08 Prius for a week and notice that when braking and coming to a full stop that I'll sometimes hear 3 clicks and feel the click through the brake pedal as the car goes from walking speed to full stop. This happens about half the time, not sure if it's when the gas motor is on or under regen braking. I'm also wondering if it's not caused by modulating the brake pedal to achieve a smooth stop. Is this a normal characteristic of the system?

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Are you sure it's not the brake accumulator pump? The Prius brakes are electrically assisted, since the engine does not always run. The brake accumulator pump runs to build up pressure for the brakes. It usually runs about every third time you press the brake pedal, but it varies a bit. The sound comes from somewhere down in the driver's foot well area.

Tom

3. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    there are several other really good threads on this. i have the same issue. i've had it for a long time. 90k now.

If you slowly brake and keep the pressure the same.. it doesn't really seem to happen.. but if you're in control and feeling the braking effect, you get it a lot... as you stated.

Some say to take it in and have it fixed. some say to check the brake fluid level. *shrug* mine works fine.