1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

clicking sound when slowing and turning right / dashboard noise

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Prius2010NC, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Prius2010NC

Prius2010NC Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Oddly enough, I only get this when the car is slowing to the last few mph, say 8 and lower & while turning to the right. Straight or left it doesn't do this.
    I have looked under and around the tire/wheel to see if there is a stick or something but there isn't anything that I see.

It sounds like the playing card in the spokes of a bicycle.

The click slows as the car does, so I swear it is something that is coming in contact with the wheel.

Any suggestions???

Additionally, periodically the dashboard where the instruments are located will make noise, placing a hand on them will make it stop, but who drives down the road with their hand on the dash?

Dirt goes into the hole where the trunk closes and will keep the trunk slightly open, this either making the door open light come on, or worse 'key detected'. This is where the car thinks the trunk was closed again and has found the key as if you are just starting the car. cure: vacuum out the little hole and keep it covered if placing anything into the trunk area (like a plant) that may get into the hole.

2. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I had the same problem. It started fall 2011. as the weather gets colder, the clicking sound gets louder. At first, it only happens when I brake and turn right. Fall 2012 the noise gets even louder and now it happens when turning left too. Took it down to Toyota at 35750 miles. They checked it and replaced a mounting clip. That didn't work. Clicking noise is still there. Then took the car back at 36500 miles. They said that since the noise was already there before the warranty ran out, they would still cover it. They replaced the axle. Just got the car back 2 days ago. So far no noise. It's something serious. Get it checked immediately!