1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Climate control

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ronjlang, Apr 16, 2005.

1. ronjlang

ronjlang New Member

I am a new member of Priuschat and a new owner of a Prius - just 3 weeks old!
    Would someone tell me how to operate the climate control so that I have a constant temp. Here in Minnesota the day might start out at 50 degrees (so I need heat) and be 80 degrees in the afternoon (so I need the AC). Is there a way I can have an even 68 degrees under both conditions without having to operate the controls?

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    setting the climate control to automatic on the steering wheel control should do the trick. make sure you remember to set the temp you want.

3. bookrats

bookrats New Member

I agree with Dave; that said, I still find that I tend to move the temperature up and down a bit as the day goes by. (Which can be done from the wheel controls, too.)

Don't know if the reason for that is (a) less than accurate internal cabin thermostat, or (B) my body doesn't accurately know when it's in a 72-degree environment. I suspect it may be the latter. (Stupid body!)

4. gschoen

gschoen Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    When the sun isn't hitting me, I feel cooler even with the same ambient air temperature, sort of a "reverse windchill" effect. At night I set the temp a few degrees higher.

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    yep me too that is why i never use the auto feature. because in the middle of the day, it seems that i need to set it at 68º but later in the evening when the sun isnt beating down on me, then 72º is comfortable.

plus i noticed that air will blast not so cool air when first starting up on a hot day.