1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Clinton Ambushed on Fox News

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by efusco, Sep 25, 2006.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Clinton agreed to an interview with Fox News to discuss his non-partisan efforts to address various problems around the world. Instead Chris Wallace ambushes him with the first question of the interview regarding his efforts to stop Bin Laden when he was president.

It was an interesting exchange and certainly Clinton seems to think he tried pretty darn hard to get Bin Laden and that he got closer than Bush has. But what was more interesting is how much Clinton lost his cool. I'm not sure the transcript will convey what the video did b/c Clinton's facial expression, hand gestures and even using his finger to jab at Chris Wallace's knee during points of emphesis really showed how pissed he is about the claims.

This copy of the transcript is from a left-wing web site (apparently based upon the emphesised portions and comments), but, AFAIK, it is an accurate transcript.

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/09/22/clinton-fox/

Sorry, just realized that there was a link to the full transcript and that the Bin Laden stuff was not the first question. Here's the full transcript...
    http://thinkprogress.org/clinton-interview

2. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I read the transcript and the news reports about this. It's kinda weird ... Clinton was never one to lose his cool. I think he finally had enough of hearing how everything is his fault. The ABC show was probably the last straw and he went in expecting something like this.

Can't wait to see what the "other side" has to say. :rolleyes:

3. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Yeah, he was clearly upset with the way he has been falsely portrayed by the right as having let OBL go. He has a right to be upset and I was glad to see it.

4. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    And I think he did well. He was wise to emphasize the point that the current administration had more time to deal with OBL than he did and that the republican majority always critisized his efforts to fight terror.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9607/30/clinton.terrorism/

I specially enjoyed/cringed this quote:

Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, emerged from the meeting and said, "These are very controversial provisions that the White House wants. Some they're not going to get."

Hatch called Clinton's proposed study of taggants -- chemical markers in explosives that could help track terrorists -- "a phony issue."

"If they want to, they can study the thing" already, Hatch asserted. He also said he had some problems with the president's proposals to expand wiretapping.

5. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Sep 25 2006, 10:13 AM) [snapback]324670[/snapback]</div>
    LOL!! So it was bad when Clinton proposed expansion of wiretapping but now it's a 'critical tool to keep Terrorist from "killing us"'!

No idea what the proposal was at that time, but if it was as overreaching as the current admin's plan I'd have been against it then too.

6. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

The best part of the clinton interview yesterday was to clear up what Bill thinks of the deal. I just figured the guy didn't care what the world thought. It turns out it eats his @$$ that we all think he let Bin Ladin go. Cool!!!

To reiterate.... Why did Bill Clinton let Bin Laden go when he had the chance to kill or capture the known terrorist?

hahahahaaha...

7. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

8. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Sep 25 2006, 10:27 AM) [snapback]324678[/snapback]</div>
    Watch it again. It's on youtube. He explains what happened. Now why did Bush do NOTHING to go after OBL during the time he was in office before 9/11?

9. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Sep 25 2006, 06:58 AM) [snapback]324631[/snapback]</div>
    Oh my GOD! What rock have you been living under? Were you really that tuned-out? Rose colored glasses and headphones? :huh: Geeesh! :blink:

Both Clintons are notorious for their severe temper tantrums. With Bill, during his Presidency, it was so well known it became the subject of a Letterman Top Ten . . .

Top Ten Signs Clinton's Temper Is Out of Control
    10. Last week, pistol-whipped a Domino's delivery guy.
    9. Bruises the size of softballs covering Al Gore's torso.
    8. Prime Minister of Zimbabwe: "It is a pleasure being in your country." Clinton: "Why are you wearing that ridiculous hat?"
    7. Socks spotted with a black eye and a knot in his tail.
    6. Overheard screaming, "How come they ain't no dang needle in my dang Pepsi?"
    5. State of the Union address had to be bleeped 14 times.
    4. Threatened to break Sam Donaldson's leg in three places for "being a dork."
    3. Slapped a guy silly on White House tour for whistling the Beverly Hillbillies theme.
    2. Emptied Air Force One bathroom on Ross Perot's lawn.
    1. Actually talked back to Hillary.

http://www.tv.com/late-night-with-david-le...03/summary.html

Catch up with reality there Proco, try a Google search for “Clinton temper.â€

***That is what the “other side†had to say. Kind of funny when the “other side†represents reality. :rolleyes:

10. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

11. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I usually never read or EVEN post about political things here,BUT...I think Clinton came off very well in that interview. I think things would be alot different now if he were President. I voted for Bush but he has been a BIG dissapontment to me anyway, and I think he will go down in history as being one of the worse Presidents ever. Sorry to say.

12. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I actually saw the entire interview and was quite taken aback by clintons reaction to a simple question that is the theme of a current book on sale near you.

The question is simple: did clinton do enough in the early stages in the war on terror. the simple answer is probably no - part of the problem is that sandy berger destroyed arcived documents pertaining to this - i wonder why he did that too.

a simple lexis-nexis search will reveal how infrequently clinton ever mentioned OBL's name including never in his last state of union address.

there is an article that addresses the full republican he got during his attempt to do something:
    http://www.americanthinker.com/articles.php?article_id=5888

undoubtedly his reaction to a simple question speaks for itself.

13. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 25 2006, 12:25 PM) [snapback]324698[/snapback]</div>
    since you guys are so keen on facts well here is your chance. In clintons 8 years at the helm and through numerous attack on Americans/American interests you can now come to his aid. Name the things he did during his two terms that were directly aimed at getting obl or terrorists/terrorism.

i will give you the first one:
    he shot a single cruise missle at an aspirin factory the night before his indictment - i think he killed an innocent janitor who was cleaning the floors.

your turn... 2920 days in office with over a thousand dead/wounded Americans during his watch - what did mr clinton do to protect us...?

14. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 25 2006, 11:50 AM) [snapback]324714[/snapback]</div>
    As you're well aware that information will not be available for at least another 44 years. Neither will the full information about what Bush has done/is doing.

Clinton mentioned during the interview, briefly, some of the things he did and recommended reading the book for more detail.

15. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Sep 25 2006, 12:57 PM) [snapback]324718[/snapback]</div>
    That is the perfect answer - we wont know for another 44 years - to that i say big bu**sh**. If you are going to wait another 44 years you will get the same answer then as now - he did NOTHING! I will make it real easy for you, just focus on what mr clinton did after WTC I in 1993. Six killed over 1,000 injured in hospital beds. What did he do just for that one act of terror so early in his Presidency? I can give you a hint - but please dont tell me we will have to wait 44 years to find out -- that was the exact reason the question was asked by chris wallace --- if your answer was true why did NOT mr clinton say that... "you know mr wallace i did things that we will have to wait years to make public." maybe you are better thinking on your feet than mr clinton??

his response said it all - you have got to watch a replay of the interview - i was shocked by clintons response to a very innocent question.

now your turn.. just some facts about what clinton did - even just to WTC I....

and are you inplying that we will not know if we found wmds for another 44 years or other intelligence reports that bush is privvy to that lead him to attack iraq that we will not know about for another 46 years? so that going to iraq might have been the right thing to do - or are you centain he made a mistake?????

16. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 25 2006, 12:11 PM) [snapback]324730[/snapback]</div>
    Ah yes, doberman is on the loose! :lol:

But to answer your question, he caught the b#$tard who did it, and now he is serving life without parole at a federal pen in Rochester, MN. Kinda cool, he can be near his Saudi buddies when they come to visit the Mayo. Now, where is BinLaudin???? And why has the CIA unit dedicated to tracking him been disbanded?

17. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Sep 25 2006, 12:01 PM) [snapback]324689[/snapback]</div>
    I didn't pay all that much attention to Clinton or his temper while he was in office, so I never noticed. I freely admit I was wrong about that. No need to be nasty.

18. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 25 2006, 11:50 AM) [snapback]324714[/snapback]</div>
    No. Your turn. What did Bush do before 9/11. As a matter of fact besides invading Afghanistan what has he done after?

I know, mostly he's been on vacation...

BTW, many, many, many more people have died under Bush's watch than under Clinton's. Including those that died at 9/11.

19. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tleonhar @ Sep 25 2006, 01:19 PM) [snapback]324737[/snapback]</div>
    he did what? your name calling can not obfuscate clintons total failure in protecting us from terror. what did he do to prevent it from happening again?? and do you think catching the perp is good enough?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Sep 25 2006, 01:35 PM) [snapback]324745[/snapback]</div>
    try as you might to change the topic - stick to it - answer the questions or provide the facts if you can. yes bush had 8 months in office - clinton had 8 YEARS - what did he do that made him get so upset with mr wallace - or is he trying to rewrite history?

20. FBear

FBear Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Yeah, so and what has Bushie done squat to catch Bin Laden! He couldn't catch Bin Laden so he starts another war that the CLIA now says has created more terrorists than it has killed. Clinton has every right to be p.o.ed with Wallace the cheap shots are not necessary.