1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Close up! What to do-2007 Abandoned during Covid-Help Pimping Paint Job

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by mamago, Jul 20, 2023.

Tags:
  1. mamago

mamago Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    IMG_0859.jpg IMG_0860.jpg

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    what are we looking at? can you post some pics from farther out?

Mendel Leisk and mamago like this.
  3. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Bottom photo is a door handle. Seen it many times. Top photo may be the roof, but not sure.

Clean it up, sand it fairly smooth and get a cheap paint job. Or DIY some wrap if you have time and are good with a squeegy.

mamago and bisco like this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    thanks, now i recognize it

mamago likes this.
  5. mamago

mamago Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry, I didn't put that, yes, it's the roof and handles. We pieced it together, so, the hood is from my original, bumper, etc. and some parts are sun damaged. Thus, I wonder if I could only sand/paint part of the car? That sounds sketchy.
    I'll clean it tomorrow. Wrap? I heard you have to remove all damaged paint for success. But, who knows who said that! I love a pretty Prius, I just have to think of how to make the whole thing look nice..Don't know if it's possible on a budget. : (

6. pasadena_commut

pasadena_commut Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My handles look like that too.

Is the roof picture the clear coat cracking or is actually the paint? The pattern is a little odd, with round "hubs" from which crack "spokes" radiate. Never seen a pattern quite like that. My wife's Accord had a branch fall on it long ago when her parents still owned it, and the body shop apparently didn't do a great job with the clear, so now it is peeling up on everything they painted. (Looks like hell, but it's a 1998, so not worth spending much on the aesthetics.) Anyway, on that car, it goes pretty much immediately from a crack forming to the clear peeling up on both sides of that crack.