1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

closed forums

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by davedog, Dec 14, 2005.

1. davedog

davedog Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    haha, just a side thought,

i don't think forums should be closed, even if there are multiple ones on the same subject. why try to force the information to be in 1 place only? it's not like we're trying to conserve memory, or are we?

2. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

Allowing multiple threads is all well and good for threads in FHOP but very counterproductive for informational threads.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Exactly. Case in point, on guy posts about the new 'solar panel' for the Prius 12v. 2 days later, not seeing it already posted someone else post the exact same information. Now we can get replies in both threads repeating information and folks getting confused b/w what is being discussed in one thread or the other b/c they're so familiar. The, when someone comes back later searching for information they've got two similar but confusing threads.

We rarely close forums if there's been signficiant productive discussion even if they are similar. But, if I get a chance to nip one of these FYI repeat threads in the bud I'll sure do it.

BTW, this should be in the web site questions forum so I'm moving it there.

4. engunneer

engunneer Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    On the forum I run (for work, so no link, sorry!), I can merge threads and seperate hijacked threads, but my moderator to user ratio is much better than what Evan must deal with.

5. aka007ii

aka007ii New Member

Another problem is when you have replys to more than 1 thread of the same information and later want reference back to one of the replys you have to sort through multible threads to find the exact reply that had the info. you need.

That's a big sentance.

I'm not sure if this system has the ability to merge them.