1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CM Issue?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Ritzy4runner, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Ritzy4runner

Ritzy4runner Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Have 2007 Prius 3 with 240,000 miles. Replaced the 12 VDC battery about a year ago, maybe 18 months. Have had this issue occur now a couple of times but it seems to only have been showing up when the previous night temps are going down into the upper 50's or less.

When I start the car by pressing the POWER button the car starts but I have no dash light indications except for the air bag. The car will select gears, but no camera view or beeping in reverse. The mileage does not increment, mpg remains as it was at last point but does indicate on the center display but does not increment or change. the car has difficulty in turning off. I even tried running the defrost to warm up the electronics without any real success. Eventually after repeated (20-30 times) pressing, holding the poser button I got the CE light then after a couple more attempts without my foot on the brake, I got my meters back, was able to turn the car off. Attempted to turn on and all seems normal.

Not sure what the real issue is and what fix there is to see if I can overcome this problem. After owning this car since 2012 and putting over 150,000 miles on it I have only had to replace normal wear and tear items, oil and filters, tires and 3 front wheel hubs, and currently getting 52 MPG, really don't want to get rid of this car.

Any suggestions for me to correct the current issue? I have searched the forums but don't understand what some of the things that have been tried. The only other issue I have had recently is the main performance display showing the hybrid battery, on initial startup after driving only about a mile the battery starts at full green bars and will rapidly drop to the purple bars but then recovers and starts charging up into blue then green bars. Is this indication of hybrid cells reaching max life?

Any and all suggestions welcome

2. Skibob

Skibob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A