1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CNW report has hit SNOPES (forums)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Dan., May 17, 2007.

1. Dan.

Dan. MPG Centurion

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Time to light up SNOPES Forum. Looks like SNOPES is leaning in favor of Art on this one...

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=8560

Wish me luck guys... I'm going in!

<jepordy_music>
    "Your account has been activated but you are currently in the moderation queue to be added to the forum."
    </jepordy_music>

Dang.... I'll pull out notepad till I'm "approved"

Thing that kills me is the Article was posted with a positve spin by the forum ADMINISTRATOR.

PS: I know I've posted this at CM too, but thought this still might be of interest here.

Searched for "snopes" and didn't hit this, so if it's a dup I'll delete it.

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    "Why do you hate America?"

Every time I hear that I want to punch the person who said it in the throat! I don't though, it won't cure their ignorance. :(

3. Dan.

Dan. MPG Centurion

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  4. chogan

chogan New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dan. @ May 18 2007, 09:52 AM) [snapback]444789[/snapback]</div>
    That was pleasant surprise. They actually have numerous informed people posting there. And a few others. Looks like the CNW analysis got torn apart pretty well, as did the joker who claimed that gas-electric hybrids are inherently less efficient than straight gas cars.

5. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The thermodynamics argument is pretty funny. "Since there are two power sources it MUST be less efficient!" That whole EPA rating thingy must be totally wrong, then.

6. Swanny1172

Swanny1172 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    There are some real nuts posting on there right now, but luckily it seems like the sensible side of the argument (ours) has the upper hand.

Overall, I don't put any validity into a study that waited until after the data was collected to define the measures. The "dust-to-dust" measure just doesn't hold up under any scrutiny. Also, the underlying assumption that a Prius is disposable at 100,000 miles is purely laughable. Of course, so is the idea that the average Hummer owner is putting 300,000 on their vehicle.