1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coastal Customer Service

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bbartel, Feb 3, 2007.

1. bbartel

bbartel New Member

I've been continuing to have problems with Coastal regarding a dysfunctional LockPick 3 and some customer service that leaves much to be desired.

I haven't lost my sense of humor, however ... Here's the message I received from my web browser when I tried to connect to their web site today:

[attachmentid=6434]

Ain't it the truth ...

Bruce

Attached Files:

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just cringe at every one of these reports...it's such a shame they won't make a concerted effort to improve their customer service...such great products and they're good people too. But the overall abscence of customer support just makes it a gamble to order from them. When you order something in stock you get it right away, it usually works fine, and installation is usually a snap. But it's those exceptions that kill them.

3. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bruce B @ Feb 3 2007, 12:00 PM) [snapback]384922[/snapback]</div>
    Yeh. But who knows. This time it might not be their fault. Sometimes it is the service provider.

Dave M.

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I remember back in March 2005 when the site was down for a couple of days. It caused a lot of worry, but it went back up.

I've found that I have better success with the phone rather than emails.

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    geez... obviously prior experiences are clouding the judgments here a bit maybe??

dont know what the weather is like in their neighborhood but they are in Florida and parts of Florida have issues that makes an unaccessible website seem like a blessing. is it possible that could be a factor?

6. bbartel

bbartel New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA @ Feb 3 2007, 07:11 PM) [snapback]385004[/snapback]</div>

Dave, the issue is not that the web site is down. The main problem is lack of response to their customers - not answering their phones, not responding to email. I found it humorous and ironic that the message when trying to access the web site today states, "Service Unavailable" reflects more than just the state of the web site.

The problem of the inop portion of the LockPick 3 unit was first reported to them almost six weeks ago, so this is not a recent problem. Melborne is well below the storm line, but I do hope thay have not been hit by any bad weather.

I agree with Evan - It's a company you want to succeed. Heck, how bad could a company be that sends Jelly Belly's in every package? :) It just seems their priorities are somewhere other than running their business. The one email I did receive from them was to criticize me for not checking their web site for their vacation schedule before complaining.

<sigh>

Bruce

7. bbartel

bbartel New Member

Yesterday, February 17, I finally received a replacement cable assembly from Coastal. The problem with a defective under seat NAV cable was reported to them on December 25. The LockPick 3 is now fully functional, after *only* 8 weeks of multiple unanswered emails, multiple unanswered voice mail messages, and one shipment of the wrong replacement part. Altogether, an unsatisfactory buying experience.

I suppose the bottom line is that the correct part is now here, the LockPick 3 is working, and I should be glad of it. At least I got two extra bags of Jelly-Bellys" ...

Bruce

8. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    hey Bruce, glad you got everything fixed ok. still no excuse for the lack of response, but as far as the time it took to fix, a lot of companies would not have done it much faster and many take more time to fix if they ever offer a fix.

still have to admit though, if not for coastal, you would have nothing at all at any time. until someone else can do what they do, i cant complain too much. they have no competition so that says a lot. what they offer is not an easy thing to provide otherwise others would have it too.

9. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I've ordered from Coastal three times and have never had anything that I would consider a "customer service" problem.

First time was in September 2005 when I got my first Prius. I ordered the EV mode, door locks, mud flaps and the original navigation/bluetooth override. I quickly received everything except the nav/bt kit, but it was clear that they were backordered. I received that in January 2006 when it became available.

I then ordered again in July 2006 as I was anticipating getting a new Prius at that time. I ordered the EV mode, door locks and mud flaps. I got all the items immediately, but didn't use them right away because my dealer couldn't get what I was looking for.

I just ordered the Ultimate LockPick 3 Plus and got it immediately. Orders are even acknowledged in an email. This used to be a big gripe around here. On all orders I have always gotten a UPS tracking so I would know when the items were coming in.

When my dealer went to install the EV mode and doorlock kits I got last summer into my new 2007, they wouldn't function. A couple of phone calls and emails, and I've already got replacements for both of them and I will be having them installed this week.

For a "mom and pop" diningroom table company with unique products that aren't always in stock, I have zero complaints about their customer service.

10. RaleighMatt

RaleighMatt New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bruce B @ Feb 3 2007, 03:00 PM) [snapback]384922[/snapback]</div>

I also received that webpage about 2 weeks ago. I suggest you do NOT do business with this "organization". They do NOT respond and have no customer service. I have made it my job to go through Priuschat and make sure any threads that mention them also point to this thread:

http://priuschat.com/Bad-experience-with-c...ech-t29730.html

The ONLY way to get service is to stop giving them your MONEY!!!