1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coastal Door Lock Mod

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by keithnteri, Mar 30, 2007.

1. keithnteri

keithnteri New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I installed the EV switch and it works great. I also installed the Coastal door lock mod but that doesn't work correctly. Has any one experienced the door lock mod constantly locking the doors as soon as the unlock signal is received by touching the door?

I thought I might not have made a good connection on one of the wires so I checked and crimped them down as hard as I could. Now it doesn't constantly lock after being unlocked but it does not ever lock the doors as it should.

I just want to see if there was something I overlooked before sending for a replacement from Coastal.

Thanks,

2. bc104

bc104 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Keithnteri @ Mar 30 2007, 06:02 PM) [snapback]415106[/snapback]</div>
    I have both and both work fine. What I would do is look very closely at the wiring to make sure you have the right wires. It is extremely easy to make a mistake with all that spaghetti in there! Then I would make sure the connections are good and tight again. Lastly, make sure that the unit is out of the way from the parts when you re-install them. It is possible that it might be getting knocked loose during re-installation and you'd never see it. Good luck! I really like the doors locking automatically.