1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coastal Electronics EV Mod Installed On '06 With Problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by K5VMI, Apr 4, 2006.

1. K5VMI

K5VMI New Member

My Coastal Electronics EV Mod came yesterday after about a three week wait. It was a snap to install and took about 25 minutes. Coastal added an addenda onto their instructions to clarify 1) how far the plug should be inserted to seat properly, 2) recommends use of a very small screwdriver to help insertion, 3) which purple wire to tap into, 4) how far the white bar comes out on the side of the plug, and 5) caution on insertion of the blade plug into the tap to make sure that it seats properly. It looks like they took the operating experience from Prius Chat and incorporated it into their directions. Installation was easy and worked as promised the first time.

2. K5VMI

K5VMI New Member

CORRECTION to Title

"Coastal Electronics EV Mod Installed On '06 With NO Problem"

Sorry... Fat Fingers...

3. alfadawg

alfadawg New Member

I have a question for you about the mod...how do you control whether it's on or off? Does it come up on the display as a toggle "ON/OFF"?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(K5VMI @ Apr 4 2006, 06:53 PM) [snapback]235011[/snapback]</div>

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(alfadawg @ Mar 29 2007, 09:30 AM) [snapback]414244[/snapback]</div>
    You control Coatal's EV mod by pulling the Cruise Control stalk toward you (like you would to cancel) for more than 2 seconds. The screen changes to Energy (assuming it's not on that screen originally) when it's activated (assuming the conditions are right).

5. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(alfadawg @ Mar 29 2007, 10:30 AM) [snapback]414244[/snapback]</div>
    It turns off all by itself for any of the following reasons: speed, acceleration, battery state. You know it is on by the energy screen popping into view and when it shuts down it gives you a couple of beeps.

6. andyman68

andyman68 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just ordered mine. I'm not sure why, but it sounds like a fun toy.