1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coastal Electronics shipped my nav kit!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Kev1000000, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Kev1000000

Kev1000000 New Member

I forget about this thing!

Hehe..

Anyone else have their nav kit ship? I cant wait for this! No i agree anymore, and finally my gf can input destinations while driving!

w00t! :)

2. kkister1492

kkister1492 New Member

I just got the UPS tracking info on my shipment. I thought it was all a joke. When I ordered it a year ago, I never got any reply or confirmation. Now, without any correspondence, they have shipped it to me. With the NAV override, I don't need it anymore.

I'm more than a little annoyed, frankly.

3. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Does the Nav/Bluetooth Kit work for the 06's

Naturally, I can't get an answer to this question from Coastal.

Will the Nav/Bluetooth Kit work to by-pass the "restrictions while driving" for the 2006 Prius? Can anyone test a Coastal Kit on an 06?

I want to be able to use my Navi and Bluetooth while driving (like I could with my Acura MDX) and I don't need my hand held by an insecure Toyota engineer or lawyer!

4. kragwood

kragwood New Member

I just received my Nav Kit without warning as well. Plugged it in and watched it do exactly what I have been doing manually for the last 7 months. That is it simply did all the steps in the NAV override sequence. You see the screens and have to wait just as long. Definitely not worth the $109 in my opinion.

5. CHART

CHART Member

I also received my UPS notification today for the Nv kit that I ordered in January, 2005. I'll do you on better tho...after months of e-mailing and calling Coastal Dave wondering about my order, with no response, I was getting pretty frustrated. Last summer, my wife's crediat card number was compromised and we had to cancel it. I wrote an e-mail to Dave last June telling him that the credit card he had was no longer valid and how could I get him a new number (having just had my CC number used fraudulently on the web, I was somewhat concerned about putting the number in an e-mail and I wanted to do it by phone.) No anwer of any kind. I eventually learned about the work around and called Dave (answering machine again) and cacelled my order. I was pretty sure by that point it was never coming anyway....

Fast forward 7 months....I've been happily using the workaround whenever I need to inout destinations while driving and suddenly, BAM!! UPS says they are getting ready to ship my Coastal Nav Defeat. Now my only question is, I will be getting my Reacll word done on my 04 pretty soon. I have read mostly good things about that procedure causing the staelth mode to kick in better / sooner / longer. Have there been any cases where that procedure affects the current manual Nav defeat? If it does, I'd probably want to keep the mechanical defeat and pay Dave his $75. My second question is, I have an 04 bought in Nov 2003. I haven't had any problems yet, but from what I've read, I am a prime candiate for MFD death. I have the extended warrentee. If this happens to me, and I get a new MFD, I wonder if there been any cases where that procedure affects the current manual Nav defeat? If so, then ditto about keeping the Coastal Nav Defeat. Otherwise, the boy scout in me will force me refuse delivery and send it back.

Boy...delivery of a product OVER a year after an order was placed, after the order was cancelled by the purchaser, with no valid credit card number on file and with almost no correspondence from the manufacturer....WOW.....

6. Prius Maximus

Prius Maximus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    After 8 months of waiting without a response, I cancelled my order last august. No response there either.

I also just got the UPS tracking notice. When it comes, I'm refusing it. Even if there was no manual override, I won't do business with a company so poor with customer relations.