1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coastal EV MOD Questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by htram516, Mar 3, 2007.

1. htram516

htram516 Junior Member

I'm pretty new to the prius scene, I just bought mine about a month ago. After reading about the Coastal EV mod for the prius on here I got a little curious about how much gas it would save me if I had it installed on my vehicle. Anyone know if this mod will make a difference as far as MPG goes? My commute is basically 7-14 miles each way with a mix of street and traffic, and about 1 1/2 miles of it is a steep uphill climb.

I'm averaging about 44mpg, this tank (which I'm halfway through) I'm getting about 42.1 mpg. My tires are inflated to 42 front 40 rear, and I'm using 87 unleaded gasoline..

Thanks!!

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Please do a search for "EV button" and "EV mod" This is much discussed. It's a nice toy but will not likely save you any gas unless and until you learn the very few situations where it can be helpful...and then the amount of fuel saved is very minimal.