1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coastal EV mod

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by jdjeep98, Jan 28, 2006.

1. jdjeep98

jdjeep98 New Member

:D B)
    It's installed! I just drove around the development and EV is just so cool! B)
    It was an easy install. Coastal Dave's instructions were easy to follow and I'm just tickled pink!
    Now, if I only had about 20x the battery capacity and an onboard charger... :p

...let's see, now...

All I have left to get is a stiffening plate, the door lock mod, moon wheel covers B) , the HID foglight mod (I need to figure out where that info is), the no-headlight foglight mod, ... I'm sure I'll think of more... :lol: :rolleyes:
    (This is getting to be as bad as my Jeeps! :blink: )

2. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

I'm jealous!! My dealer called me yesterday... Original delivery was to be 1/20 - 1/31.. He said the car is still in the port!! So delivery likely won't be until very early February! :(

My shed is accumulating mods... The BT plate, Weathertech rubber mats, rear bumber applique, Engine block heater, & the Coastal EV Mod..

I am very happy to hear your install went well (did you get the package of jelly beans with your delivery too?).. The instructions do look very easy to follow. Your post has given me comfort.. Enjoy!! :D

3. jdjeep98

jdjeep98 New Member

Oh, yeah... the engine block heater, too. Gotta add that to my list. And the ScanGuage... Hmmm, this could get expensive... :p

Yup! I got the jelly beans. I thought that was sort of interesting...
    I send Dave a note telling him how impressed I was with the whole package, including his instructions. :)

I have a feeling that this is the first of many mods... :rolleyes:

4. McShemp

McShemp New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Just put mine in and was a little concerned about the pin depth. It was a little tough to get all the way down. Anyway the car was cold when I finished, and when I was gonna test it the engine started up. I thought ####!

However, pulling back on the stalk gave me the message "Cannot go into EV mode" which, I assume, means it's working. I took it out after the ICE shut down and it stayed in EV mode around the block.