1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coastal ipod interface question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by lkallus, Dec 1, 2006.

1. lkallus

lkallus New Member

I drive a 2005 Prius and have installed the Coastal Lockpick & Ipod Interface. It works well although I do have a couple complaints about the menu system. I can deal with my complaints of the menu system at some other time. I do have, though, a major problem with it which is either a result of a faulty installation or else a "feature".

When I start the car, I can navigate to the DVD screen, connect the Ipod, choose my music and all is well. Unfortunately, if I stop the car and turn it off (even if only a few seconds), the Ipod becomes disconnected. When I restart the car, the Ipod has to be restarted from ground zero. I then have to navigate back to the music I previously had on and fast forward to roughly where I left off.

Is this the best this Coastal Ipod interface can do or was it installed improperly (such as should it be connected to a constantly live wire)?

Does anyone have any opinions on this?

Thanks

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lkallus @ Dec 1 2006, 12:21 PM) [snapback]356361[/snapback]</div>
    My guess is that it is a "feature" resulting from the power down. Call them during the day and ask.