1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coastal Navigation kit

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by tmorrowus, Jun 10, 2006.

1. tmorrowus

tmorrowus Member

The Coastal Navigation kit generally does what it is supposed to, but approximately once a week on average it fails to work correctly... either not pressing the I agree button, or failing to enable navigation while driving. Very rarely it leaves the navigation system in a weird state where it won't let me input destinations at all, but turning the car off and then on fixes that.

I'm curious if I'm the only one experiencing these intermittent failures. It's possible it's just a loose connection somewhere... it seems like it just fails sometimes to send the override commands out on the network.

The other possibility I've considered is that perhaps I somehow get the nav system into a state where it doesn't recognize the override commands from the nav kit, but I haven't noticed a pattern to when it fails.