1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coastal Tech XM - subscription included?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by eric777, Jun 23, 2005.

1. eric777

eric777 New Member

I spotted a few posts about Coastal Tech including a free XM gift card with the purchase of their xm receiver, but can't find anything on their site or recent posts that elaborates on this topic. Can anyone enlighten me? Do I need to pay for XM immediately, or do I get a few free months with purchase?

I'd order the coastal tech package in a second if it included some level of "free" XM service for a few months.

Thanks for your help!

Eric777

2. geckoboi78

geckoboi78 New Member

The free service was only for a limited time. They no longer are running that deal. You may want to try calling him however and see if you can still take advantage of it. I would not recommend emailing him but they probably won't get back to you via email.

3. HYACK

HYACK New Member

Just curious if in your knowledge, XM from coastal Tech is factory new unit, or are any of these returned/re-pkg/re-conditioned? Manufacturer's warranty valid? Satisfied customers out there?

Sorry for not reading past threads on this..

4. spyder123

spyder123 Junior Member

I ordered and received a Coastal Tech XM Radio about 4 weeks ago. I have a friend who is an alarm/audio installer put it in for me.

At the time, mine came with a free year of service. I am extremely pleased with the system, so much that I seldom tune into FM radio.

I do not know if it is an "old" system or not. The "receiver" tucks away in the back of the car underneath the small storage compartment on the left. Once installed, your display screen shows three pages (SAT1, SAT2, SAT3) each time you press the AM button. Each screen has 6 presets available.

I know many people complain about the JBL radio and its speakers. To me they sound excellent, but with XM radio those speakers suddenly sound many times better.

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It is factory new just like if you ordered from your Toyota Parts dept.

6. ambrothe

ambrothe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I contacted CoastalETech about a month ago about their free XM subscription, and was told that they were unable to keep offering free activation/subscriptions. I ordered my XM kit from Eddie at www.metrotpn.com (another sponsor of PriusChat) because it was both cheaper and comes with free activation and 90 days of service. Eddie's instructions for the install are great, and its actually a pretty easy job, albeit quite time consuming.