1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coastal Tech

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Graz, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Graz

Graz Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I bought my '05 in "Feb of '05. I found this site shortly after. I learned a lot from all of you. Mostly. that all of my answers are in the owners manual. Even if they are hard to find.

I also learned about the cool options available from Coastal Tech. I even ordered the navigation hack shortly after I found them. However. their lack of attention, and lack of follow up made me assume that my order had never been filled.

Then last week, I was reviewing my credit card statement and found a charge from Coastal Tech, from early Jan 06.

So I tried calling them. I got the familiar answering machine. And unfortunately the too familiar lack of response. I will now e-mail them from their web site and expect more lack of attention.

BTW... I have found with your help how to hack the navigation defeat using the forums here. So now I don't need to install this device from Coastal Tech.

Thanks for reading!

2. s1059197

s1059197 Junior Member

Since July '05, I've purchased the EV mod (waited about a month) and the nav mod (waited about 6 months) from Coastal. In both cases, my card wasn't charged until the devices were ready to ship. At the same time, I got an email with a tracking number. If you were charged without receiving merchandise, it sounds like a billing error. Assuming you weren't using a bank card, you're still well within the timeframe when you can dispute the charge. I'd make a good-faith effort to contact Coastal, and then initiate the dispute with your CC company.

3. AlphaTeam

AlphaTeam Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    They just got in the kits. If you ordered it a while ago maybe they have an old e-mail address. They are good about sending e-mails if they actually process your order and plan to ship it. Otherwise they don't answer.

4. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hi

I just got my first package from Coastal (Mudflaps). I found that that there are real people there. Send them an email (see their web site) and speak to them like a family not a big business and I'll bet that you will get a response and satisfaction. I suspect they are more like a home with a genious working in the basement than a department store.

5. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Well, I'm sure you can sell it (assuming you have it) either here or on eBay.

Kelly called me in January to see if I still wanted the NAV kit. I said yes and it arrived a week or so later. I ordered an EV switch on last Sunday (the 19th) and got a email with the tracking number today.