1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

coastal tech's front power outlet mod

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ernda, May 30, 2005.

1. ernda

ernda New Member

OK, I see that a tap is put into a wire near a fusebox udner the front seat and another tap is put on a wire behind the front power outlet, and a jump wire runs between the taps. Where does this wire run? Under the carpet? Is it run under the door and dash trim in some way?

2. jeepien

jeepien Member

I think it would run up behind the dashboard, across and down to the power outlet.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Why do you ask? The instructions for this mod are pretty clear and simple....are you trying to accomplish something else?

4. ernda

ernda New Member

"why do you ask?"

I haven't purchased the kit yet. Just want to know if I will end up with an exposed wire or will I face difficulites in routing the wire so it is out of sight.

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh, no, everything tucks back behind the plastic console piece...look at Dave's directions. This mod is self-doable without paying for Dave's kit for only a few cents out of your pocket and into Radio Shack's pocket. No 'routing' of any wires is needed.

6. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Well, you do have to 'route' a wire from the fuse panel over by the driver side to the dash outlet over by the passenger side. Probably multiple ways to 'route'.

You could also find the relay that powers the outlet and bypass it. That's essentially what you're doing here. Bit more work though.