1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coastal Teck Products in a 2009 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by LexStar, Oct 7, 2008.

1. LexStar

LexStar Pirus Pimping

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Hey Fellow '09 Owners,

I have a '09 Prius with package 2, which comes with the basic readio. Here's a list of all the mods I got from Coastal Tec. The shipping was super fast, but don't think you're going to talk with someone over the phone with out having to wait hours or days for a return call.
    Here's all the products I order are installed… Some worked without a flaw, and others didn’t work at all…
    1. XM radio = worked 100% as advertised.
    2. Lock Pick 3 = doesn’t show my audio/video inputs from my cam recorder/portable DVD/etc.
    3. Door Lock = it locks all doors at the instant after “power button†is pushed and feet are on the brakes. Basically it looks as soon as you start the car.
    4. EV Mode = works after pulling cruise control handle rearward after 2-seconds, but no “one beep†is heard, all though “three beeps†are heard when it disengages. Also, the EV stays on pass 50-mph.

So, the XM radio is the only mod that works correct as described. Do any one have any customer support are personal stores about their '09 mods? Or that could help someone help me trouble shoot the potential problems?

Thank you in advance…

Lex

2. kroser

kroser New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Some people have stated elsewhere that the LockPick 3 installed on a Navigation system with 7.1 software still doesn't allow one to enter an address into the navigation system while driving. Can you enter an address while driving?

3. LexStar

LexStar Pirus Pimping

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    My Prius package is truly the Basic. I opt out of the navi package because I already had two Garmins in my house and they have worked fine over the last six years and are portable.

So my Prius is without Navi, without DVD, without 6-disk CD exchanger, without Bluetooth, without JBL... The only reason I got the Lock Pick was so that I could plug up my Camera, portable DVD player, or iPod into the A/V jacks of the Lock Pick.

Is there another way to have A/V input with the basic systems? And thanks for your reply.

Lex

4. krmcg

krmcg Lowered Blizzard Pearl Beauty

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have the Ultimate LockPick 3 and can enter addresses in my navigation screen while my car is in motion.

I can also use the touch screen to "dial" my bluetooth iphone.

My Coastal ETech EV mod works as advertised also.

5. timriley

timriley Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    ... but is your car a 2009 or 2008Prius? I just purchased a 2009Prius and emailed CoastalTech - they wrote back informing me that the 2009Prius was not yet fully supported by their current offerings (ie. Lockpick3) but to check back with their website in the future for any updates...

6. IMD1

IMD1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius

Yeah I emailed them too. I have an 09' on order and they told me the same thing. "Check back later". My Prius will be a #6 with leather and XM already installed so what I am most interested in is having video from my iPod and controls on the touch screen. Can anyone suggest a unit for that? Dice maybe? I am considering the Lockpick from coastal tech too since it would be an added bonus to have the ability to input addresses on the go and dial my phone from the screen.

7. CheapA55

CheapA55 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    i guess i have to wait. bleh

8. fo0bar

fo0bar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I just got this back from Brett at Coastal:

I specifically mentioned EV, 15mph lock and lockpick, and I suspect his answer was mostly to do with lockpick.