1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coastal Ultimate Lockpick Volume Too Low

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by csciguy, May 24, 2007.

1. csciguy

csciguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Well, I have had the Coastal Ultimate Lockpick 3 for my 2006 Prius. The problem is when I connect an AV source (DVD player, Creative ZEN:M, etc) the volume is too low causing me to connect two 3.5mm jacks to my devices, one for the video the other for the audio and on a Creative ZEN that means a plug on the bottom and a plug on the top which is awkward and messy.
    I've tried changing the EQ's on my sources and raising their volume but those are un-amplified only the headphone outputs are. So is there any reasonable add-on or device such that my audio is amplified between my AV Source and Lockpick?
    Any suggestions or ideas?
    Thanks.

2. csciguy

csciguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Well I ended up doing something myself over the weekend to tackle the problem. I already had a Belkin Audio Kit for IPOD to use with my Nano through the AUX, well since I have the ZEN i decided to strip off the IPOD connector and figure which was power and which was audio and use the audio amplifer in it. This fixed my problem. I still have one cable connected to my ZEN however the RCA Audio is ran through the striped end and output is ran to the Lockpick audio.
    They say if you want something done right you have to do it yourself

3. havanese_boy

havanese_boy New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Any chance you could be more detailed about how to do this. I have the same problem (only I have a zune).

Thanks