1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coastaletech Ultimate lockpick + ipod2car?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Gloftoe, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Gloftoe

Gloftoe New Member

We have an '05 Prius, with package #6 (Factory nav, bluetooth, in-dasy 6 disk changer). My wife wants iPod integration, with the ability to play not only by playlist, but by artist, genre, song, etc. (basically all the functions of the iPod), as well as controlling the iPod via the steering wheel controls and the MFD. The ipod2car seems capable of doing this. Does anyone else use it (either the gen1 or the gen2 unit)?

Also, will the Coastaletech "Ultimate Lockpick" work with the ipod2car? I saw a post here that states the Coastal Nav kit broke their ipod2car. I'm not sure if the Nav kit is the same as the Ultimate Lockpick, but it's a concern of mine.

So here are my wants:

Primary is good iPod integration, with the ability to control browsing by Artist, Genre, Song, Album, or playlist, with control via the MFD and the steering wheel controls.

Secondary is something to enable the factory navigation and bluetooth while in motion.

Any ideas out there? I have NO modifications currently installed on the Prius, so am a bit inexperienced with what equipment works together. Thanks!