1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CoastalTech Experiences - Good, Bad, and Ugly

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Inthewind, Sep 25, 2006.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. They were convenient. I would have gone elsewhere if there was an elsewhere!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Inthewind

Inthewind New Member

Please be honest in your answers. They can only help others who may be thinking of patronizing CoastalTech in the future and may not be aware of the issues surrounding them and their issues with substandard customer service.

2. smackoww

smackoww Junior Member

ultimate camera lockpick was as expected, but the instructions could a used a few more pictures.
    and they included jelly-bellys in the box to snack on while taking apart the dashboard :)

the product does something weird though. when i go into reverse, it switches to the video, but when i go back to drive, the audio input switches to fm2 instead of going back to the audio input. pretty annoying.

3. dreichla

dreichla New Member

The first poll should have something in between "Good" and "Bad". There's a definate slant to the negative with all the questions.

I knew full well what I was getting into before I ordered my products from Coastal and they delivered and communicated as all here have come to expect.

The products and installation instructions I have received from them are great.

4. Inthewind

Inthewind New Member

Sorry, but I tend to disagree. IMHO when it comes to cust. service, theres no grey area: Either it's good or bad. Most small businesses don't get the fact that you have to work at good customer service and for that matter, some could care less. Especially ones that have the run on some new technology, are aware of that fact and couldn't care less about the customer because they know there will always be more.

I'm not trying to bash anyone here; merely trying to even the playing field some and maybe let CoastalDave know that what he does when it comes to customer service, affects people.

Later
    ITW

5. Inthewind

Inthewind New Member

6. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Inthewind @ Sep 28 2006, 08:14 PM) [snapback]325411[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I ordered a NAV kit and Auto Lock kit in April 2005. I got the Lock kit in September 2005 and the NAV kit in January 2006. I ordered an EV mod in February 2006 and it arrived 2 weeks later. Would that be considered good or bad?

7. Inthewind

Inthewind New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Oct 4 2006, 12:49 PM) [snapback]327893[/snapback]</div>
    That's all up to your interpretation. I know people that order things on-line and forget about them; sometimes never getting them! Then again, I know people that want what they pay for within a reasonable amount of time. Do you think waiting 6 and 9 months for a product is reasonable???

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It depends. I ordered my EV mod in March 2005 and got it in late Jun 2005. If it wasn't for PC, I would've gotten worried. It was only because someone managed to get a hold of them and said they had no stock of EV and we had to wait for the next shipment. I mean, seriously, could they not have posted that on their website? That one person saved your business.

9. Inthewind

Inthewind New Member

It seems the numbers are telling the tale.

Look at this compared to lets say...Ebay feedback:
    If you had 100 total feedback and 30% of them were negative, would you patronize this business or seller?

I wonder if they have seen this thread? They surely haven't commented on it. I wonder why...

30% bad isn't too good as far as I'm concerned.

And...

a 50% "WOULD NOT" go to them again...?!?!?!

I hope this post either fixes them or people get a clue as to their business practices.

10. silentak1

silentak1 Since 2005

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    A few months ago I ordered my hitch and it arrived within a week. Before i ordered this i did read many bad reviews about them, but nothing went wrong with my order.