1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coastaltech not responding?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by barryhund, Mar 6, 2005.

1. barryhund

barryhund New Member

I just received my 2005 silver prius with all options. Last week. I love this car. I have since done the following.
    1. Tinted the windows.
    2. Installed the PriusXM kit (priusxm.com) great kit (dvd must see).
    3. Ordered the wetokole seat covers.
    4. Got my Cingular Treo 650 BT working great with the BT Hands free even sent all my contacts at one time. Sound quality is great, better than the v600 motorolla the only down sides are A.) no Signal Strength meter and B.) no ringer but the stero mutes and the handset rings so your not going to miss a call.

The only problem I have had is that I ordered lots of stuff from coastal tech. They took my credit card information and order but I received no confirmation. Yes I know, most if not everything is a pre-order but a receipt of some kind would be helpfull. I emailed and requested a receipt and got no response.

My question is does anyone know coastal tech and is my experience a fluke anyone have any Ideas on what I should do now?

Thanks for a great forum I look forward to being here often.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Coastal is a tiny niche' family run business. They go on vacation from time to time, they get busy from time to time, they run out of stock from time to time.

But, they're decent honorable people and will take care of you...be patient. They're probably waiting until they have your order ready and I have heard that the EV mod may be out of stock. Plus, the pre-order, you won't get. It took about 4-5 days to get an e-mail saying they had my pre-order. When they have stuff in stock and are at home they tend to mail quickly.

If you check you'll likely find your CC has not been charged, they don't until they ship.

Try another e-mail to [email protected] and ask Kelly for an update.

3. barryhund

barryhund New Member

Great I will not worry and just wait. I am having a lot of fun getting my car all fitted out.

Thanks.

4. jeepien

jeepien Member

I've found Coastal to be less than ideally responsive via e-mail. Telephone to the sales (not support) number works better.

5. dreichla

dreichla New Member

I agree - I called them to to place an order, the woman took about half of my order then put me on hold, and after several minutes, disconnected my call (I got the impression I was interrupting dinner - but I did call the 800 number.)

So - I then placed an order via their website. I called the next day to see if everything went through - but had to leave a voice message asking them to confirm my order. As of yet - still no response from them or confirmation. It's been about a week and a half so far.

Several weeks ago, I also sent them an email requesting additional information on some of their products - and - as of yet - not a peep.

6. dreichla

dreichla New Member

Has anyone received anything from Coastal lately?

It's been roughly 5+ months since I ordered the NAV bypass (although I'm now using the secret back door method). Still, I'd like to get the Bluetooth mod too.

I received my door locks and mud flaps a while back and am completely happy with them.

7. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  8. SDiego

SDiego New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I don't think I will be buying anything from them. Much to flakey for me.
    How can you run a business and do no reply to your customers if they have questions?

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think the Nav mod is on back order. I do think Coastal's a tad optimistic at times =).

I think they sort their e-mails. I've noticed that those who have had their e-mails responded where those who needed tech support. All other mails seem to be ignored or trashed.

10. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think they are really good on the R&D end but still working on the production thing. I don't think that Dave was a Business Major, he was too busy learning engineering! I am hoping he or his wife will work the business end out. I have said it before and I will say it again, Costal Dave makes things I want, not things I need. I understand the frustration, but who are you going to call?

11. BMcGraw

BMcGraw Member

"Broken = Broke"

:guns: Dave = Too much :idea: ; Not enough :D

Me = :pukeright: ; Not to mention :cussing:

12. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I received the front end mask last week. Took only 4 days from order to delivery with 2-3 ups.

13. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i guess i was lucky in that i ordered the EV switch and received it in about 2 weeks. but there were people who got their switch the same time i got mine after waiting over a month.

they may be slow, but the instructions i got were excellent. step by step instructions along with color pix and some heads up info made what at first glance, appeared to be difficult procedure, almost ridiculously easy.

i also ordered the stabilizer bar from bttek and got an immediate response and a UPS tracking info in an hour.

but it also has to do with the EV switch being harder to reproduce and much more popular. plus bttek had a bit of a delay when first starting off.

i agree not knowing really sucks, but i really doubt that you have to worry about getting ripped off and when they deliever, i believe you will be happy

14. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Did anyone ever hear anything back about the viewtech AV input? I havn't heard a peep aside from the order confirmation email in early February...

Dave

15. BMcGraw

BMcGraw Member

I actually talked to Coastal Dave on the phone March 25th who informed me that the ViewTech 2005 units were finally on their way from Europe (where they were being assembled) to Florida. They were passing through California "as we spoke". I jokingly said, "Too bad they couldn't drop one off at my house on the way through." He laughed... He then told me it would be shipping in about two weeks.

I of course believed him and purchased a JVC KD-DV5100 GigaMp3 DVD player to attach to the ViewTech. At this rate it will be out of warranty before I find out if it is even compatible.

I proceeded to talk to Kelley (Dave's wife) almost everyday for the next few months to find out WHEN is it shipping REALLY. She told me in early June that it would be two weeks or less. (She has since told me that she was just trying to keep my "hopes up".)

I've been told more than once that I'm the first one on the list. I feel so much better knowing that. :|