1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coastaltech products.....very tempting....

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by sea-horsea, Sep 12, 2007.

1. sea-horsea

sea-horsea Junior Member

I just got my car and planning on getting the 7 year/100K warranty from Troy and I was wondering if the EV MODE, lockpick3+ and other computer gadgets that I can modify with the computer will terminate the warranty cover by Toyota...thank you.

also if I change the rim from 15" to 16" and put in the touring edition "tuned suspension" in it will that terminate the warranty as well. Thank you

2. sea-horsea

sea-horsea Junior Member

I just got my car and planning on getting the 7 year/100K warranty from Troy and I was wondering if the EV MODE, lockpick3+ and other computer gadgets that I can modify with the computer will terminate the warranty cover by Toyota...thank you.

also if I change the rim from 15" to 16" and put in the touring edition "tuned suspension" in it will that terminate the warranty as well. Thank you

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The biggest risk is the EV button. Most of us consider the EV mod to be of minimal risk but naterprius has previously reported a battery failure and an attempt to deny warranty replacement b/c of his EV button. Eventually Toyota did come through and replace the battery under warranty even for him, but had they not it would've cost him $4500 to pay for it himself. Thus, while the risk is very small you must be willing to accept that if Toyota decides to get snotty in the unlikely event of failure of your battery or HVECU then you would be stuck with the bill for those items. There's no way they can deny coverage for unrelated parts.

The rest just work on the accessories and are pretty benign.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The biggest risk is the EV button. Most of us consider the EV mod to be of minimal risk but naterprius has previously reported a battery failure and an attempt to deny warranty replacement b/c of his EV button. Eventually Toyota did come through and replace the battery under warranty even for him, but had they not it would've cost him $4500 to pay for it himself. Thus, while the risk is very small you must be willing to accept that if Toyota decides to get snotty in the unlikely event of failure of your battery or HVECU then you would be stuck with the bill for those items. There's no way they can deny coverage for unrelated parts.

The rest just work on the accessories and are pretty benign.