1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

coastcal tech nav mod

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dyyuan, Feb 6, 2006.

1. dyyuan

dyyuan Junior Member

ok, so after about 10 months, i finally got my nav mod from coastal tech.

on the instruction, it says once the mod is installed, it will enable full function, BUT after about 10 seconds...and it will do so everytime the car restarts.

this made me think, it's almost as if the mod itself was doing the manual overide?

it does do the "auto press" of the "i agree" button...which is nice...

does this worth the $85 in your opinion?

thanks.

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I also have it, and yes, it duplicates the manual override, which is OK. Is it worth it (since we know about the manual override)? Well, it depends. Really, since I learned the manual override in July, I've needed it 2-3 times so for me it really isn't worth it. But my wife is a technophobe so it would be easier for her to push one button rather than that sequence. Plus, if you're afraid of pressing one of the other buttons on the Service Menu, then it's good to have.

Being what it is, it won't work on a 2006 as the manual override (that works on a 2005) does not work.

3. Rick Grahn

Rick Grahn New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Worth it in my opinion. Trying to do the manual overide while driving can be dangerous (at least in my book). To each his/her own.