1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

code B1503?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by heh, May 1, 2024.

1. heh

heh New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I recently had to replace the motor in my 2015 prius. After they got the motor in, the hybrid system would not kick in so another shop said to disconnect the a/c compressor. That worked as far getting the car to run. Now that it is coming up on summer weather I took it back and asked about getting the a/c to work. Also the fuel consumption is way off. I drove about 95 miles and it used about 3/4 of gas, which is ridiculous.
    The mechanic came up with B105 code and is telling me that it means replace the compressor. when I google the code it doesn't say anything about the compressor. I ordered a replacement off of eBay (arriving on the 7th on May) but I don't know if that is really what the problem is. I asked him if he plugged the unit back in, he said he did, and the car would not run at all with it connected.
    So Wth is really going on?

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Is it code B1503 or B105? Wanna make sure the title is correct.

3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    When I change the motor in my 2013 persona the exact same thing happened I couldn't get the car running correctly as something was pulling my power display down drastically I looked at a bunch of stuff in the car and there was some air conditioning codes that made no sense to me because our air conditioner was only unplugged never brought offline the gas stayed in the system during the complete engine change The compressor was just tied up to the side of the frame of the car. So what I did was to get the car running I unplugged the air conditioning compressor the big orange plug I take the end of the plug and left it dangling this allowed the car to start the battery to charge and for us to drive the car It was February so it was cold air conditioning was not needed after I got the car running and drivable everything was great the car was running wonderfully no problems but I still noticed that my hybrid battery didn't look like it was charging like it should just by looking at the display in the car no tangible tests or codes so we drove the car to work for a few weeks so on battery still indicating like it's not fully charging just by looking at the display I did not have text software at this time. So my next move just because I looked in the back at the hybrid battery and took off the cover and what I saw in the personas battery was absolutely ridiculous looked horrible all the bus bars were black all the nuts were frosted. This is when I parked the persona and drove to the hybrid doctor in Virginia You can read all about it somewhere in this chat room. Once Eduardo up at the hybrid doctor in Virginia built me a battery I brought it back to North Carolina installed it in the persona everything looked good on the gauge everything was charging wonderfully drove around for a week now we're coming up into the end of March and we're starting to see a little bit of heat so I plugged up the air conditioner while the car was off and at rest looked over everything had the wife start the car put on the air conditioner on low full blast fan it fired right up started making cold almost immediately like it always did and I told her to go for a drive she did went to the store turned the air conditioner off like I always tell her to turn the car off go in the store mind their business do whatever. Came back out started the car turned on the air everything worked ever since without issues we did not change any compressor at all this is on a southern car where the air is used extensively for 7 months out of the year better and I'm still on that same air conditioning compressor today and it works perfectly The engine and or the transmission does not or back to the knocking The car is parked car starts and runs air conditioning is ice cold but I don't drive it anywhere to keep it from rattling to death until I can fix it and we're junk it or get it out of here some kind of way You should look over this really well I don't think you have a bad air conditioning compressor.