1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Code c0215 LR speed sensor

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by suckercatcher, Nov 26, 2012.

1. suckercatcher

suckercatcher New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2007 Prius that I bought from a college's (where I work) fleet used a few months ago. Now the ABS and Brake light come on. Came on after driving on slippery roads where ABS would've been in use (snow/slush/ice). Next day was on until I drove for a bit then went off...then back on. Took it to dealer and they say its the left rear--either the sensor or the wiring harness for the sensor (C0215). They say they cannot tell which it is but see no obvious damage to the wiring harness. They want to replace the harness and see if that works ($100) and if that doesn't work, the sensor ($430). I hate taking cars to dealers but I'm new to the Prius and not sure where else to go. Does this sound reasonable? I do not want to b $530 out and still have the light come on.

The other complicating factor is that shortly after buying the car someone smashed into back of the car while it was parked. Had to replace the RT hub and tires/bearings on both sides. Is it possible that the wiring/sensor was damaged from the accident?

Any help appreciated.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, the dealer plan sounds reasonable.

I hope that you told the service writer about the accident damage, as that knowledge might prompt the service tech to inspect more carefully for a visible fault.