1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Codes and reading Dr.Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Mayapie88, May 17, 2024.

1. Mayapie88

Mayapie88 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So I've been met with the red triangle of death and some interesting symptoms, I experienced a "loss" of the high voltage battery on the display and in the power, as well as the battery cooling fan coming on audibly. When I read the codes i have codes c1259 c130, I know these can be "blanket statements" for another issue but when I was reading on another thread I didn't really understand what for. I took was able to expose the battery to try and get more clues and there is some corrosion on the side. I will also attatch my Dr.Prius app readings, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with clues and can't figure out what they all point to. All help is so appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The second code is C1310. As explained in the Blink (a/k/a Flash) Codes – How to wiki article, neither of these ABS/VSC codes mean any problem with the brake system at all: they both tell you about some problem elsewhere in the car (in the hybrid powertrain control) that the brake system just needs to know about (because those systems cooperate to do regeneration). So these codes just mean you need to get the codes that really matter, from the ECUs controlling the hybrid system. (Sadly, that means you do need to arrange access to a scan tool because those ECUs don't do blink codes.)

Dr Prius is good for what it is made for but it is very lacking as a code reader. You need a proper scan tool that can read all ECUs for their codes. See the thread: Gen2 OBD2 app review | Cliff Notes Version Post.

Looking at your Dr.Prius screenshot you likely have a dead cell in one of the modules in block 8. Your car is only charging 20 mA and yet there is a voltage delta of 1.22 V between the highest and lowest blocks.

Brian1954 likes this.
  3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two