1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

COGAPa Install?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ThrillAddict, Feb 26, 2006.

1. ThrillAddict

ThrillAddict New Member

Has anyone here attempted to install one of the COGAPa systems? (Cogapa.com)

I would love to add one of these to my Prius, but I am electronics retarded and am not sure if I could handle the under hood install. How difficult is this to pull off?

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    what is it?

3. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

I could see myself getting arrested for using profane language at traffic jams if I had one of them in the car.

4. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It's the Rap Master 5000!

5. ThrillAddict

ThrillAddict New Member

It's a speaker that acts like a horn which allows you to yell through the included handset at people around your car (at the volume of a car horn) or play annoying songs and the such. I mostly want it so I can horass stupid people in the parking lot at my school who park in the way of the exit and such.

6. hawkjm73

hawkjm73 New Member

From the info on their site, it really looks very easy. The only electronics part would be hooking into the 12V system. It needs an always-on 12v, so I would recomend fetching the wiring diagrams before doing this. All you would need would be two wire taps. The mechanical part may be a little tricky. It looks pretty small, so finding a spot for it under the hood shouldn't be to bad, but finding a spot to run the wires through the firewall may be a bit tougher.

7. keydiver

keydiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Or, do the "always ON power outlet" mod, and just plug it into one of them, if you really don't feel confident about trying to find a power wire under the hood.

8. ThrillAddict

ThrillAddict New Member

I'm not sure that's the problem... I think its more where do I mount the horn and how does the wire get back into the cabin where the plug is...