1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

coincidence?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by barbaram, Jun 13, 2006.

1. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I went to my dealer today for the recall. Painless- was there not quite an hour.
    Was chatting with my salesman while waiting. He remarked about a car flying past him on I95 doing about 80 the other day.... what was it???? a prius!!!!
    was chatting with a friend later in the day. He was remarking abut a car flying past him doing over 80 on the NYS thruway the other weekend.... what was it??? a prius!!!
    The saleman was astounded because most buyers are concerned about gas mileage and anyone travelling at these speeds obviously is not concerned with maximizing their MPG! :blink:

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Even for those who want to fly along the highway, there's no other car in production that can maintain 80 mph and still average more than 40 mpg. Not that I endorse flying along the highways at 80 (unless that's what traffic is doing) but it just shows that the Prius appeals to more types of people.

3. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Jun 14 2006, 09:37 AM) [snapback]271056[/snapback]</div>
    Yep. I went to Canada two weeks ago. Doing mostly 80+MPH on the highway and got around 44MPG for the trip. :eek:

Not that I don't care about my mileage, but time was more important during the trip.

4. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I used to drive ~80mph on the way home from work (50 miles). In warm/cold weather, usually 45mpg. Now @ 65mph, ~50mpg. :p

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The speed limit on the freeways in ND and SD is 75. On very long trips I'm more concerned about time spent on the road than gas burned. On the other hand, I never drive at sustained speed over 75 because I just don't feel comfortable. I generally got 42 to 44 mpg on those trips. It's nice to see others get similar numbers. With the lower speed limits here, I drive slower, and never over the limit any more.

I wonder what an eDrive modified Prius would do at 70 mph.