1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cold weather and long parking

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by moregas, Dec 28, 2007.

1. moregas

moregas New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I am thinking at buying a Prius but one of my concern is that I park at the airport for long periods, 1 to 2 weeks at the time. Should I be concerned for the battery and the car acting weird when I start it and drive in very cold weather...or wram?
    :cool:

2. HeyKB

HeyKB Not so new member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We just got back from a 3 week trip and the Prius was very happy to start after sitting in Philadelphia weather for that time.

I know we've let ours sit for a week or two every now and again with no repercussions at all.

3. SyCo

SyCo Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Absolutely no problem with cold weather and storage. By cold I mean COLD. I leave in Quebec, Canada and this time of the year temp is between 14F and -22F. I leave my Prius parked for 2 to 3 weeks. I mostly commute with my Geo Tracker during winter. When I or my wife need the Prius, everything is the same. Simply start, wait a minute or so for the ICE to warm up a bit and go. The Prius computer will do the rest.

On a side note, at least one advantage:

4. oly_57mpg

oly_57mpg New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Bump. Although I don't live in an area as cold, I just returned from 5 weeks of travels and my 3rd Gen started right up with no problems at all. SKS was disabled during that time.