1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Colgan Original Bra: 2017 Toyota Prius Prime Advanced

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by CoronaLimes, Jun 27, 2018.

1. CoronaLimes

CoronaLimes New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Does anyone have a Pic of their Prius Prime with a front Bra cover?

I've ordered a custom carbon fiber front bra for mine, but have seen no pics. I drive 105 miles 4 days a week for work, and my front bumper has taken hits from freeway debris. here is the damage I took on plastic bumper cover, fortunately the sensors and lights were not hit. It was an exhaust pipe tubing flying around the US 101 freeway. this is like $750 + body shop estimate, since everything works fine and I know I will get more hits, I'm going to wrap up the front end with carbon fiber braw to cover the hole instead. The front end of the prime is fragile to freeway debris hits.

Attached Files:

2. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Ouch, welcome to the site. I don't have an answer to your primary question, but an alternative to think about. My wife once hit a steel hand truck that fell off a truck in the dark. If you are handy and want to save big bucks, you can use a fiberglass repair kit and plug/patch the hole so it will not keep on cracking from wind and vibration. It will only get worse and much more expensive if you don't patch it. I did this with my wife's Camry and it really was not that bad. I did it with the bumper mounted on the vehicle.

Many DIY videos out there but here's the "first" one I saw.

Salamander_King likes this.
  3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry to see the damage on your Primes front. I don't have a useful comment on bra you are asking about, but I may add that front windshield of PRIME is equally fragile on HWY drive. I managed to get a crack on windshield very first time I drove my PRIME on HWY, only 2 weeks after purchasing it. Yap, body repair for Prime is very, very expensive. That's why I carry NO DEDUCTIBLE collision, comprehensive coverage on my car.

#3 Salamander_King, Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018