1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

College Graduate Credit

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by amberlea, Nov 30, 2004.

1. amberlea

amberlea Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Was anyone able to receive the college grad credit? my dealership said I couldn't get it on the prius. if you were able to get it, did you have to go through anyone special or have any contacts you can send my way so I can try to get it myself? My car will be in soon!!!

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Sounds like you should call and ask.

From the TFS website:

http://www.toyotafinancial.com/finance/col...lege_grads.html

College Graduate Finance Program

What's right for me?

Get a $400 rebate on a new Toyota!

If you qualify for the College Graduate Finance Program, you'll receive a $400 rebate on the purchase of a new Toyota. Check out the details below for what it takes to qualify.*

What You'll Get

* $400 rebate on new Toyota vehicles
    * One year of free 24-hour roadside assistance
    * No down payment
    * 90-day deferred payment (not available in PA)

How to Qualify

You must meet all of these conditions:

* Get that degree! To take advantage of the program you must:
    o have graduated from an accredited four-year college, university, or registered nursing degree program during the last two years or graduate from such a school/program within the next six months,
    o have graduated from an accredited two-year college during the last two years, or
    o be enrolled in an accredited graduate degree program or have received a degree from an accredited graduate degree program during the last two years.
    * Get a job! Show proof of future employment, with a start date within 120 days of your purchase. Toyota Financial Services (TFS) must deem your salary sufficient to cover living expenses and vehicle payments.
    * Get insured! Bring proof of collision insurance, as required by TFS. See your dealer for details.
    * No adverse credit! Your credit history must meet TFS credit standards.

Ask your Toyota dealer about the College Graduate Finance Program. To locate the Toyota dealer nearest you, use our dealer locator.

Leasing instead? Explore the College Graduate Lease Program.
    To obtain a print program brochure, please see your Toyota dealer or call 1-800-GO-TOYOTA.

*Rebate is offered by Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc., to qualified customers financing the purchase of new untitled Toyota vehicles through Toyota dealers and Toyota Financial Services. Rebate is applied toward the down payment on purchase finance contracts. Rebate program is subject to change or termination at any time. Finance charges accrue from first day of contract. Ask your participating Toyota dealer for details. Some restrictions apply.

3. tag

tag Senior Member

Ah yes, "Ask your participating Toyota dealer for details. Some restrictions apply".

I know certain offers apply only if you 'take delivery from dealer stock'. So, you might want to ask your dealer if that's the reason you aren't eligible.

4. techogurl

techogurl New Member

OMG... I just realized because of this post that I would qualify but since I've already bought my car... I'd have to contact the dealership and ask. Granted since the experience wasn't so hot... I'm going to go with that they will say no. Sigh. Regardless fingers crossed.

5. amberlea

amberlea Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    good luck. let me know how it goes.

6. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

My salesperson initially told me that it would not apply towards the purchase of a new Prius. After doing a little research on the matter I discovered that he was mistaken and so I let him know via email.
    Here is what I sent to him:
    "I called Toyota Customer Service @ 800-874-8822 & Toyota Financial Services @ 800-331-4331 concerning the College Grad Finance Program. I was told both times that this program is both nationwide and available for all Toyota vehicles, including the 2005 Prius. I look forward to having this applied to my purchase!"

In the end it was determined that I was indeed eligible for the program. Good luck!

:)

7. amberlea

amberlea Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thank you for your help, heliotropehead!!! I called the Finacial number and they were no help but the customer service department was. They put me in touch with my local Customer Relations Manager at the dealership and she did the research and it turns out the Prius is not exempt from the College Graduate discount and I get it!! YAY! It's only $400 but that helps a lot!
    Thanks a million!

Amber