1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Color choice-Blue vs Silver vs White-opinions

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by gail54, Dec 20, 2009.

1. gail54

gail54 Gail

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi

Wondered how many owners of the 2010 Blue Ribbon color are still happy with their color choice?? I'm waivering between blue, silver or white. How hard is it to keep the blue clean? Of course it will be covered in snow so it probably won't matter !

2. thbjr

thbjr Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Well, it's pretty obvious which colors I prefer from my avitar. The white doesn't show dust nearly as much as the blue, but the blue won't show the paint chips from rocks etc. nicking the front bumper nearly as bad as the white.

1 person likes this.
  3. wmb

wmb Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Silver is definitely the best. Why do you think that so many auto manufacturers show silver cars in their ads?

4. octavia

octavia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Every time I see my car, I smile. I still very much love the blue. The car I had before this one was a very practical tan gold color. It never showed dirt and hid chips like a dream... but I did not love it.

Go with the one that makes you smile when you see it. :)

Attached Files:

5. LeeB

LeeB Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    After looking at the color choices in the Prius brochure and looking at several cars on the local dealer's lot, I thought silver and white were the two most attractive colors. (Based on the brochure, I determined that blue was particularly unattractive.) When the dealer finally got a V (in blue) on his lot, I decided to take it for a drive, and if I liked the car, I would ask him or order a silver or white, taking whichever came in first. Surprise: when I saw the Blue Ribbon Prius V on the lot, it was beautiful! The blue has depth and highlights that don't appear in the brochure photo (which is probably just a Photoshopped image). Forgetting the silver or white, I loved the blue car and bought it.

I've had white and silver cars in the past, and the blue probably does show dust a little more than the other colors; but even under a little dust, it's still shiny and attractive. I have no regrets, and after having it for almost 3 months would buy it again. Color is totally subjective and you should buy whichever color you like best. But for what it's worth, I'm a blue-owning silver/white convert--and totally happy!

6. gail54

gail54 Gail

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thank you that's great!!! Similar to my story --- My previous cars safe colors ----mostly silver - my current civic is gray ---funny I was so confident that I wanted silver and when I went to the dealer same this prius iv w solar had it in Blue with Bisque interior --I took it over night and little did i know i would also fall in love with the blue ---taking the weekend to make sure before I give the deposit.
    So thank you for sharing your story - I think mine will end the same way!

7. gail54

gail54 Gail

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    That's great advise! thank you

8. LeeB

LeeB Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Indeed the story is similar! My blue Prius (also with a Bisque interior) is sitting in the garage next to a gray Ford Ranger pickup that I've had for 10 years. This is my first blue car (all of the others having been one of the safe colors). The blue is a just a bit "standout" and helps the small Prius look a little more distinctive (IMHO). Enjoy your new car!!

9. Jim Clark

Jim Clark Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Barcelona Red.....nuff said.....

10. gail54

gail54 Gail

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Enjoy your also!! Happy holidays! You have good taste!

11. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Years ago I owned a car in a color similar to blue ribbon. It looked great right after a detailing...for about 5 minutes. :D I will never own a dark blue or black car again. They are dirt, swirl and fingerprint magnets.

Darker color cars are much more high maintenance than lighter colors, but they do look great when freshly cleaned.

My last few cars have been silver or light gray. I think they look great, and are low maintenance. Sure, you don't get as much gratification after a detailing, but that's a trade-off I'm willing to make now.

12. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The hanukkah colors dilemma.

13. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Still loving my blue ribbon. It has amazing depth and when it's clean, it has a really like deep blue hue.

I too was debating between Blizzard Pearl and Blue Ribbon. I love the 3-coat paint on the Blizzard Pearl as well as the way it sparkles and plus it's white so it'll be easier to keep clean than Blue Ribbon.

But I went with Blue Ribbon in the end.

14. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That blue is particularly nice, though the silver is easier to take care of. White's for sailboats and good guys in movies. :cool:

15. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    White is the second most popular car color in the North America (silver being the most popular). When I lived in Amsterdam I noticed that I didn't see many white cars in European countries, and was told the reason was that white was for major appliances, not cars. :D