1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Color choices

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tullynoon, Oct 14, 2005.

1. tullynoon

tullynoon New Member

The choices are a little bland. One of my kids looked at them and said: "no wonder only geezers are driving them." Not accurate, but I'll bet they would be more popular with the younger set if there were a couple of snappy colors available.

05-BC pkg.
    Port Angeles, WA

2. jeromep

jeromep Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't think the problem is exterior colors. The only colors they have left out are yellow and funny irridescent blue/purple/greens that seemed to end up on bugs a few years ago.

The color travisty with the Prius is the interior colors. The brown (and let's not split haris, brown is brown) is available on nearly every Prius exterior color, however the much more attractive gray interior is only available on black, white and silver vehicles. Frankly, the gray interior should have been the one available on nearly all colors and the brown interior should have been the one limited to certain colors.

It made getting a color I liked very limiting. Since a brown interior was out of the question, I was limited to black, white and silver. I took silver. If I had my choice I would have gone with seaside and a gray interior, which btw would have been the correct color combination, not seaside and brown. Who mixes blue with brown?