1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Color? Or lack of it?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Paul R. Haller, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Paul R. Haller

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I know, the color of your Prius has been hashed over again and again but not so much the lack of color both inside and out. Maybe I'm showing my age or maybe I'm showing my maturity level, but what about colors like Plum Crazy, Lime Green, Hugger Orange, or maybe Monarch Yellow? The colors today are so conservative with the exception of the new red and the interiors of Ivory and Grey... well, they are not exactly eye popping. :blink:
    I know, I know, those colors were popular with the sixties crowd and a lot of THEM used mind altering agents, but I still think I have some brain cells left and I like color. So did the car makers all the way back to the late fourties and fifties. Remember Pink and white two tone Dodges and Studebakers the size of a house? :huh: There were also polyester liesure suits and platform shoes too and No, I do not advocate their return.
    I was told by members here, the last time I brought this up, that the aformentioned colors were only in my mind and they are permanently emblazened there by those mind altering agents but I swear... they are so real!
    Am I the only one willing to admit these secret desires?!? :unsure: :unsure:
    -Paul R. Haller-

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    :lol:

those psychedelic drugs do tend to cause long term effects :lol:

i prefer my shiny black, and even if you could put any color on a prius, i'd still pick black.

there's always a good aftermarket paint place. as long as it's not maaco.

3. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My living room is that really bright green that you see on many paint commercials these days. I have dark purple curtains and a purple chair and ottoman, along with my dark woods and my rusty brown leather stuff. My bedroom is red, Kitchen is yellow gold walls and purple painted cabinets.

So I would not mind some bolder colors in my vehicle, especially some nice red leather inside......
    Plus it is easier to find a bright colored car in the sea of sameness of any parking lot!!

4. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm actually quite happy with the colors Toyota offers the Prius in...with the exception of the Silver Pine Mica (no offense to anyone who has it/loves it). I saw several over the weekend and still did not care for it. I'm also a black car person, so vibrant colors were not on my 'must have' list. I like to blend in with the crowd rather than draw too much attention. I don't like attention. Plus, I hear black is slimming. Being a female, that appeals to me. LOL. :)

5. Liam

Liam New Member

I had a Monarch Yellow Ford Maverick. It had yellow, orange and brown plaid upholstry with gold vinly trim. It was beautiful. This was a combination in the brochure but the salesman said I would have to custom order it because no dealer in there right mind would have one like this sitting on the lot. He said it would be 3 months but he had it in two days. It was really easy to spot in a parking lot.

6. hockeybrat

hockeybrat Member

The only colors I would add would be an icy blue and bring back the Tideland Pearl. :p

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    don't forget the Dark Blue Pearl they have in Japan!

8. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The Prius is so high-tech and full of gadgets, why can't it be covered in organic light emitting diode (OLED) film, so you could change the color as you please? Maybe even tie it in with the brakes, so the whole back of the car glows red when you step on the brakes hard. Maybe some side movement sensors to flash yellow and black stripes if another vehicle approaches fast. And the ultimate, cameras on the sides that put their image on the other side of the car; talk about stealth mode, it would be like the car disappeared. At night the whole car could faintly glow to help other drivers see you.

9. mehrenst

mehrenst Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Please, not so soon after dinner...

10. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

Or maybe have replacable skins!

11. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    or turn it into a prikachu

12. gbgirl79

gbgirl79 New Member

I was just mentioning that to my bf the other day how they should come out with some more vibrant colors, but I assume they dont because their main sales is not to younger kids. I liked alot of the colors they had to offer but never bought a black car and I liked that color alot so that is what I got :)