1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Color - Silver Pine Mica - Any picture? Pls help.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by eae, Jun 5, 2006.

1. eae

eae New Member

Hi All,

I am a newbie. We are thinking of getting a Prius, and our dealer told us that there is a Silver Pine Mica coming in, but we need to put a $500 non-refundable deposit. I have not seen this color in person, but was told by a friend that the Toyota site’s picture on Silver Pine Mica is much worse than the real color. Just wondering if anyone here has this color and a good picture with good representation of the color? Can you pls help? Our alternative would be to go w. another dealer who does not have this Pine color, but is much further for us to travel to.

Many thanks.

eae :huh:

2. Mauibound

Mauibound New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Here is a link to ToyotaNation.com with some pretty decent pictures of the car:

http://www.toyotanation.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/713

Just click on them to see larger images. (Click on them again to see even larger images.) This is the color that I "ordered" and I have seen a few in person and think it's an awesome color. I know some others don't share my opinion.

3. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eae @ Jun 5 2006, 08:06 PM) [snapback]266326[/snapback]</div>
    [attachmentid=3708]

[attachmentid=3709]

[attachmentid=3710]

IMO prettiest available color.

4. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eae @ Jun 5 2006, 07:06 PM) [snapback]266326[/snapback]</div>
    We got a silver pine mica last month. All I can say is, plunk down that $500.

5. Florida Prius

Florida Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I think you'll like the color! But, what is interesting is the NON-REFUNDABLE deposit. That's a crock as far as I'm concerned and maybe you should check other Dealers.... This Dealer will have no problems selling it. Why should you loose out on $500 if your circumstance changes between now and the time the car is ready for pick up? Well, that's my 2 cents worth.....Here's our SAGE........
    [attachmentid=3713]

6. grantb

grantb New Member

Maybe I just have a crappy monitor, but IMO the online photos don't do the color justice.. It's greener in person, a little like the background on this site.. But, damn nice.

7. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Also, the Prius brochure at Toyota dealers shows the Silver Pine Mica in ALL the pictures, if anyone wants to see it 'on paper' rather than 'on line'.

8. snowman83

snowman83 New Member

I have to agree that Silver Pine Mica is the best available color. That was my first choice, but I had to settle for a Classic Silver Metallic (which was my second choice anyway).

Go for the Silver Pine Mica - you won't regret it.

9. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eae @ Jun 5 2006, 08:06 PM) [snapback]266326[/snapback]</div>
    The one that I rented before placing a deposit was SPM. It is a great color. Much better than pictures represent.

10. NoVaSnow

NoVaSnow Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I've seen one in person. I thought it was a great color.

But I still think my Seaside Pearl is the best color.

11. eae

eae New Member

Dear all,

Thanks for your help. We finally put down our deposit on the Silver Pine Mica Prius today. Car will arrive in about 2 weeks, so we are excited! Thanks for advice and this forum is of great help!

eae.