1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Combo Meter back ordered!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bhanely, Jun 15, 2017.

1. bhanely

bhanely Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    We took our 2006 Prius into the dealer 10 days ago as the combo meter was completely gone. After having it for a week, while we were out of town, they told us that the part still hadn't come in and it wouldn't be in until the 2nd week of July. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Thank you.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    bummer! is it warranty?

3. bhanely

bhanely Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    unfortunately no it's 11 yrs old so 2+ more than the extended warranty. I'm really not complaining about the price it's been a great care with little money needed for anything besides oil changes and tires. Just in a bit of a pickle waiting so long for the part.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    just thinking you might get one faster from todd at tampa hybrids.

5. bhanely

bhanely Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thank you, I looked at his website but I don't see that he has a service department. I emailed them and hopefully they will be able to assist.

bisco likes this.
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    have you contacted other dealers?

7. Texas Hybrid Batteries

Texas Hybrid Batteries Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Your not the only Prius owner with this problem right now. We have actually had Toyota dealerships order meters from us (with the customers consent) because the wait time for the new part was 5-6 weeks. There are more meters failing right now than the vendor/manufacturer can keep up with. My guess is that they retooled after the last Gen 2's were made and didn't expect these parts to come back into such high demand.

If your near Tampa definitely get it to Todd. He will probably have meters in stock and it should be a lot cheaper than what the dealership is charging you.

Matt

8. bhanely

bhanely Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thank you again, I connected with Todd and have an appointment to have the the combo meter replaced with a rebuilt one on Wednesday. Less than 1/2 the price of new and with a lifetime warranty.

bisco and Ajourney101 like this.
  9. KCWhitney

KCWhitney Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Got my 2006 back from the dealer after a month (exactly) waiting for the combo meter.

Message to others: There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  10. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Back in the spring of 2016, the combination meter in my 2009 Gen II started to fail, I took the car into the dealer, and they said they'd fix it under warranty, and they also provided me a loaner (brandy spanking new Camry at no charge (since the ComboMeter was flakey, no speedo display = SAFETY ISSHOO :eek:, therefore free loaner (well done Toyota!)). They fixed the problem, but there must have been a shortage of displays, since mine took 3 weeks (!!! actually 18 days! :eek::eek:) to come in! …but the whole experience didn't cost me a single cent! :rolleyes: ;)