1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ComfortTreds

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by chimohio, Nov 18, 2006.

1. chimohio

chimohio New Member

Have read many of the threads related to replacing the OEM tires, and boy are there a lot of them.
    Based on what I have read I will probably be putting the Goodyear ComfortTred.

My question, for those who have put this tire on, did you keep the original size or go to the 195/60R15.

In either case how was your gas mileage affected?

(Summer's gone, and winter's coming down outside...)

2. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

Same size. Mileage dropped 5 mpg for about 4000 miles, but has crept back to close to prior reading.

3. dreichla

dreichla New Member

Just ordered Goodyear Assurance TripleTreds today for installation on Monday. Size 195/65/HR15.

4. rfred

rfred New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prius biker @ Nov 18 2006, 01:14 PM) [snapback]351453[/snapback]</div>
    I was having 195/60R15 ComforTreds installed on my '06 at almost the same time you were posting your message. The GoodYear shop manager called one of the local Toyota dealers and the dealer told them that the only recommended tire size was the one on the door tag. Said it would mess up "the electronics." The only thing it messed up was the chance of me ever going to that dealer for service!

Certainly can't report anything yet about the mileage, but I'll be posting about that in the future. Seems to ride smoother, but I had the Integretys at 38/40 and I'll be using the same pressure in the ComforTreds.