1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Command List

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by BytesDoc, Jun 27, 2010.

1. BytesDoc

BytesDoc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The command list posted for 2010 Prius do not list any commands for Air Conditioning. Command list posted for earlier model Prius's show commands for Air Conditioning. Where they deleted on 2010's? Mike:cool:

2. macman408

macman408 Electron Guidance Counselor

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    On the 2010, the AC is no longer part of the same head unit that does audio, navigation, etc. AC is its own system, much like most other cars. Hence, the voice commands do not apply; you're stuck pushing buttons.

3. BytesDoc

BytesDoc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I see u r in Calif. I am in southern Florida, Ft Lauderdale. Wondering if u r in area of Calif where hot like here, low 90s. I find my ac takes a long time to cool down interior of car. Also seems I am constantly having to adjust temp and/or fan speed. What has been ur experience? Mike

4. EmuMessenger

EmuMessenger New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I was disappointed by the lack of commands. I had a 2003 Accord EX-V6 with (seemingly) several times the usable commands. It was more of a bummer than deal breaker.

5. Octane

Octane Proud Member of 100 MPG Club

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I feel your pain. :D

I'm out in Arvida. My 2G traction battery is forever hitting a high limit which keeps me out of EV mode. The Toyota limit is 114oF but I've seen it go as high as 130oF. The airconditioner does practically NOTHING except waste gas.

6. BytesDoc

BytesDoc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I am not familiar with "Toyota limit is 114f". Possible to explain further?
    Thanks, Mike